Got a Vaja Top case... now how about the rivet clip?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EvryDayImShufln, Oct 31, 2007.

1. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hey guys

I received my Vaja Top case, all black, I'm pretty satisfied although it does make the phone quite a bit thicker (not ridiculously thick, but compared to how it used to feel in my pocket... well let's say I now want to attach it to my belt).

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the Rivet Shift kit. I'm thinking of buying it and attaching the clip to the back of my Vaja case with the adhesive that comes with it, but I don't know how solid this would be.

Maybe there's an alternative method of attaching it?

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

when vaja builds a case with the rivet clip, the base is attached to the molded plastic insert inside and then it's covered with leather. this way, the clip doesn't budge and could only be removed if you cut it out of the case or exposed it to some extreme force that would rip it out of the plastic and leather. i wouldn't suggest using adhesive to attach it after the fact - i doubt it will be sturdy and durable enough over time.

you could sell your case on ebay and just order another one with a clip built in... :)

3. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Man that sucks! I really want the rivet clip! Hmm, I'll have to figure something out. But I dont think Vaja even offers the rivet clip at this moment.

4. EvryDayImShufln thread starter macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

For the record, I did buy a rivet clip from ebay and tried to stick it to the back of the iPhone. It felt very nice, but I needed to test it for durability to make sure this thing would not fall off while on my belt. Needless to say, whatever it did infact stick to on the layer of leather peeled off quite easily.

I'm trying to figure out a solution for this. Maybe to cut a hole in my Vaja case (not a good idea!). I need to figure out what sort of materials they have underneath and if it's possible for me to make whatever it is smooth enough for the adhesion of the pin.