Got a week 39 iPod Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by diego2k7, Oct 1, 2007.

1. diego2k7 macrumors newbie

diego2k7

So, I just picked up a week 39 iPod to replace my craptastic week 37. So far the screen seems to have better black definition (although it's really hard to tell when all you have to stare at is the "Sync in Progress" screen in a crowded auditorium. I went to my local best buy this morning as I checked for availability online, I was expecting more week 37s but I guess I lucked out. We'll see what happens when I get some videos loaded up...

2. jaypee68 macrumors regular

I had a week 38 with a bad screen and returned it to BB. Today they just got in some more 16GB's so hopefully they are week 39's and the screen is the proper quality. :)

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

How bad was your screen? As bad as the Week 37's?

My Week 38 is a great improvement over the Week 37 I had. It's not absolutely perfect in regards to blacks, but overall looks great (better than PDA's with similar sized screens I've owned.) Images are rich and pleasing to the eye, such that I actually want to watch video on this screen.

It does make me wonder if there is some level of variability even among good screens, and if there are units that are just a tad better than mine (which I would then pretty much call perfect.)

I also have no stuck/dead pixels or anything like that.

4. WebbDogg macrumors newbie

I guess I'm one of the lucky few. I have a week 37 and have had no issues at all. No dead pixels. Screen looks fine to me.

5. diego2k7 thread starter macrumors newbie

diego2k7

The screen is glorious. Plus it already came with the 1.1.1 update!

6. AsherC macrumors newbie

is anyone actually still getting screen problems with week 37 models after the update? i thought it sorted it ?

7. jaypee68 macrumors regular

Not as bad as a week 37, but bad enough that I couldn't watch The Empire Strikes Back, The Matrix, or view the Jay-Z album cover without getting negative blacks and a weird greenish chromatic hue on the screen.

8. chrismball macrumors newbie

Any stuck or dead pixels? Crank the brightness up and have a black background if you want to check - I'm trying to decide if I should get either a replacement or a refund for my week 38, just way too many stuck pixels

9. DocVT macrumors member

Just got a week 39 from Best Buy. No stuck pixels. Sound seem fine, but I did not notice an problem with week 36. Blacks are much better than my week 36, which I returned to BB. I'm down loading Pirates of the Carribean, as I type since it has some dark scenes. It is MUCH better now, with week 39.

10. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

anyone purchase a week 39 today from the apple store?

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

That's what people are saying. But I believe the update just plays back black areas of video with grays instead so that you don't get the effect as much. The only thing is that your blacks are now "gray".

Taking it back for a better screen is the real solution, though...

12. rkearbey macrumors newbie

How do you know?

How do you know which week itouch you have?

13. Bambeezer macrumors regular

How do I tell what week? I bought one at the apple store yesterday.

14. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Look at the first few digits of your serial number it'll say 38, 39 or whatever.

15. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

anyone getting any week 39s from the apple store?

16. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

Got a 16GB 39th week touch at BB yesterday(replaced my 37th week), turned it on and it has seven stuck pixels. This was my 2nd touch, and i now have to wait another two weeks for more to come in stock...the waiting has been hard, but its still worth it...

17. PurpleShaman macrumors member

just got a w39 from amazon....uploading right now