Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
It never boots up into windows.

just says " a disk read error occurred
use ctl alt delete to start

i tried using f2 or f8 to get access ot the bios but it doesnt seem to work.
any ideas to resolve?
this just randomly happened

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
It's a macbook pro 2012 17 incher
with a windows 7 boot camp partition

i sorta feel like it is not recognizing the SSD
basically I was browsing the internet, suddenly lost internet...then next thing you know the whole thing crashed. and it would not reboot.

I'm not sure if the SSD has gone "bad" or not but I'd love to get all my music nad files

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
If you can boot into OS X, you should be able to access your files on the Windows partition. Also, you can use Disk Utility to get an idea of what's going on with your SSD, if there is a problem with it.

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
i think the ssd is fried. not sure how i cna get the files off because can't even get into mac os

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
If you can boot into OS X, you should be able to access your files on the Windows partition. Also, you can use Disk Utility to get an idea of what's going on with your SSD, if there is a problem with it.

I can't boot into OS X -- it's odd when I boot and hit options it seems to see that there is a boot camp and a os x partion but I can't really boot into it.

----------

When one boots into boot camp-- is there a function key you use to see advanced options-- allow me to see if it sees teh SSD /change boot options etc?

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
As I've said previously, try download and burning a version of Ubuntu and see if booting from the CD will allow you access to your files.

Also, you may try booting from your OS X disk and accessing Disk Utility from there to get an idea of the state that your SSD is in.

I'm sorry to say, you cannot access your boot options without boot into OS X or Windows to access their respective Startup system preference/control panel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.