Got a WMA File..Now Need To Burn It To A CD...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Drpepper99uk, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Drpepper99uk macrumors member

Hello,

I recently bought a couple of backing tracks off this website:

www.sheetmusicdirect.com

The trouble I'm facing now is that the files cannot be burned in windows media player on my Mac(like they can be on a windows pc) and the only other way of getting about doing it(according to the website) is paying for a program called easywma as they are now listed as a "Windows Media Player Document" and they cannot be burned in Toast Titanium nor iTunes as they are not a supported file format. I've tried the demo version of easywma and I couldn't get it to work at all(even to encode 15 seconds of audio like it say the demo version would) so I'm not sure on what I can do now to get these 4 audio files onto a cd in mp3 or cdda format. I did also try a program called something like audio grinder but I didn't have any such luck there either.

Can anyone help me at all? I could send the files for you to have a look at.

Michael.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

just insert a blank CD, click open Finder in the box that pops up and just drag the WMA files to the black CD in the Finder and click burn. thats it!

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

All that will do is put the WMA files on a CD. It won't make the CD playable.

Try installing this to add Windows Media support to QuickTime. You may then be able to export to AIFF using QuickTime Player or iTunes.

4. Drpepper99uk thread starter macrumors member

Hi again,

Thanks for the replies, Unfortunatly neither of those suggestions worked as that flip 4 mac program would work either in being able to export the files over to iTunes in order to burn them as a normal playable music file.

I guess I'll have to find another way of getting them transferred over, possibly by burning them to a cd and then using a windows pc and and windows media player and then ripping them and then burning them as this seems the only way of getting around it.

Thanks for your help.

5. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

I tried this a couple of days ago- it definatly works.

1) Install Flip4Mac
    2) Open WMA in Quicktime Player
    3) Export as WAV
    4) Drag/import WAV file into iTunes.

You'll be able to burn this WAV in iTunes.