Got Allergies?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zwhaler, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Being that we are in the prime of Spring, (every allergy-sufferer's favourite time of the year :)) I thought it would be cool if everyone posted what they are allergic to. Simple as that. I have the oh-so-common seasonal allergies, which are surprisingly minimal this year. But on a more serious note, I have a more intense allergy to peanuts. I have had several allergic reactions to peanuts and my throat gets really dry (and depending on how much I eat) it swells up. When I was younger, I used to be allergic to a lot more. This includes milk, eggs, and cheese. That means I was the kid in the class who never got any of the birthday cupcakes. :D But those allergies went away in about 7-8th grade. When I was a baby, I was allergic to wheat :eek: , but that went away quickly (thank god). How about you?

2. iGav macrumors G3

*Fixed that for you. ;)

3. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Yep, I am terribly allergic to pollen, and such. It's horrible.

4. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Spring allergies for me, and if you want to count that I am allergic to peanuts.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I have pretty mild seasonal allergies, though they were pretty wicked this year. I had a phlegmy, disgusting cough for over a month.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

grass
    pollen
    trees
    ragweed
    animal dander:eek:

Years of allergy shots worked nicely tho.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

I have seasonal allergies of some sort, though I've never tried to sort out exactly what since they're pretty mild.

And penicillin.

And caffeine.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

my allergies are acting up pretty bad this year. but i've never technically been diagnosed as having 'em. (don't like doctors) but its survivable. :)

9. Badradio macrumors 6502

32 years old and I got hayfever for the first time last year. :(

And I'm allergic to something in my anti-mildew shower spray: makes me sneeze uncontrollably the second I spray it. Irony dictates I'm probably allergic to mildew too.

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

sometimes i sneeze a little from the pollen, but it usually doesn't bother me very much.

the only thing i'm really allergic to is Poison Ivy

11. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

I'm one of the lucky ones. Just penecillin for me. Only had to go through that once :p .

12. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Dust
    Pollen (i just sneeze non stop)
    Dust
    some animals (some dogs i am allergic to, some I am not)
    Dust (are you getting it yet? :) )

13. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Seasonal stuff. I get miserable around this time of year. Particularly because I also enjoy geocaching (e.g. hiking in the woods a lot). Typically when you go to find a geocache, you visit the website (www.geocaching.com), print up a listing for a cache nearby you intend to find, and go get it.

And so it was one day in late April last year, I was with a few friends and we walked into the woods for a short hike (1/4 mile) to find a cache. Actually, we had planned to find 3 or 4. But over the course of the walk my nose started to bother me more and more, and I realized I had not brought any Kleenex with me. Neither did my friends. I did the best I could but it was just not letting up.

Then I realized I had my printed paper listing in my pocket...

I decided to go back to the car and go home after one successful find. My friends went on without me.

As for food allergies, I believe I am allergic to eggplant, raw carrots, and macadamia nuts. All give me an itchy feeling "inside' my throat or lips. Which is supremely annoying because all are foods I enjoy eating. (Edit: this is more properly diagnosed as a food intolerance and not an allergy. Phew.)

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'm allergic to dust mites, mold, mildew and any pets with fur. Lastly, I'm most allergic to liquid milk. I can have it in cheese, ice cream and pretty much anything that doesn't have liquid milk in it. Strange I know but even the doctors and allergists don't know why.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I am allergic to Poison Oak, Pollen, or something else that is out right now. I also am slightly allergic to cats, but I have two of them, and it doesn't bother me too much.

16. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If it floats in the air, I'm allergic to it. :eek:

Other than than, I'm not allergic to anything. :D