Got an Imac what to use old mac for now?

raymondnoodles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Ive recently gotten a new Imac and Ive been using the same macbook pro since 2006-2007ish? And I feel like its a waste not to use it and I was wondering what to use it for?

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Ive recently gotten a new Imac and Ive been using the same macbook pro since 2006-2007ish? And I feel like its a waste not to use it and I was wondering what to use it for?
You could sell it and get a little of the cost back.

adamlee

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Selling it off would be the best course of action. If you don't use it then its a waste to let it sit gathering dust.

raymondnoodles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Selling it off would be the best course of action. If you don't use it then its a waste to let it sit gathering dust.
Being that old I wouldnt get much for it especially since it doesnt have a battery. Use it for a sever for what? Im kinda new to this.

adamlee

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Well, you could probably get some money back. Depending on the condition, a couple of hundred dollars wouldn't be too far off. I'm sure there are people interested in purchasing it even with a poor battery, if that is indeed the case.

mlawkevin

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
I have this exact same situation. Not sure how old you are or what you do at home, but I'm planning to turn my MBP into a garage computer. I can stream all my music while I work out there, I can stop dirtying the family computer when I need to look something up in the middle of fixing a car with greasy hands, I will eventually have a TV in my garage that I'll connect the MBP to so that when I do woodworking projects I can display directions and such on a large screen, etc...

Wouldn't work for everyone, but some use like that would be perfect for an old MBP.

Sped

macrumors regular
May 30, 2003
Profit. I've sold several Apple products on eBay and made way more than you might expect.