Resolved Got an iPad 2 for a steal!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rdunlap, Apr 15, 2013.

1. rdunlap macrumors member

About 2 weeks ago I was browsing the web and found the iPad 2 for $279 at Best Buy and thought it might be a typo. I then headed down to the store and wouldn't you know it was like a flash sale or something. I guess they had about 120 in stock and were down to about 5 and would only let me get one. While I was in the store they actually took the sale price down off the web which was funny, but they always price match their website since the price wasn't advertised in the store.

I got the black one because the white sold out but went to another store closer to home and traded up for a white one. The guy at the counter had to do a doubletake at the receipt and couldn't believe the iPad 2's were selling for $279.

This is now my wife's toy since she always wants to use mine and when I go to use it the battery is already dead.

2. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

That's pretty damn awesome - it's still a great device!

3. simply stunning macrumors regular

That does seam like a good deal for a new device. I will be interested to see what happens when a new iPad comes out and if they move the iPad 4 into the current iPad 2 spot what the price will be on the 2 for the places trying to sell off stock.

4. rdunlap thread starter macrumors member

That's what I said. Still a more than capable device.