got an iPhone, but 3G is very slow & unstable

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AnalyzeThis, Aug 13, 2008.

1. AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

I bought iPhone 3G today. First thing I checked was GPS, it seems to be working ok, but map update was lagging. Then tired to go to Google in Safary, after 3 minutes of waiting - "Could not connect. Server ended connection". YouTube - the indexes takes forever to display, movies either "cannon play this movie" or the icing on the cake - "could not connect to youtube" followed with blank screen. Occasionally it would play movie, but it is so low quality - just blocks. Stocks would fail to display chart, Weather would fail to update.
    When on WiFi - it is flying fast. Phone itself is also works fine.

After first hard power off (reset) 3G seems to be working ok, but later after consecutive power off(s) - it remained consistently slow.

Not a pleasant first experience. Does anyone experienced anything like it. I have 5 bars signal. Does it takes some time for 3G to get up to speed after activation?

Looks like a lemon to me. I will ask for replacement tomorrow.

2. Nukey macrumors member

If you're on Rogers it's most likely Rogers. I've been experiencing similar issues and a lot of people are reporting Rogers data issues.

3. Draddy macrumors regular

it could be rogers, but iPhone 2.0 is the most unstable software, I have ever used. my iPhone on 1.x was rock solid, never had an issue. With 2.0 I've had to restore several times, apps crash, the whole phone is incredibly sluggish.

I'm upset at apple for releasing such a poor update.

so in other words... it also might be apple's fault.

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Have you updated the software to 2.0.1? For me it is much faster and more stabel.

5. HyQuality macrumors regular

LOL, welcome to the club pal. Hope you enjoy your stay.