Got an offer for $600 for my iPhone 5 32GB, should I sell and buy a 16gb 5S?

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
i amazingly got an offer for 600 dollars for my black iphone 5 32gb in mint condition.

I thought maybe i should take it and buy the 16gb 5s. so essentially spending around 200 dollars for a 5s .

would you guys do it?

i have a retina macbook and ipad mini, i liek how all 3 devices matched in black but was debating on gold model lol

murano

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2009
San Antonio
i amazingly got an offer for 600 dollars for my black iphone 5 32gb in mint condition.

I thought maybe i should take it and buy the 16gb 5s. so essentially spending around 200 dollars for a 5s .

would you guys do it?

i have a retina macbook and ipad mini, i liek how all 3 devices matched in black but was debating on gold model lol
Only Chuck Norris can demand $600 for iPhone 5 :)

Premium1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2013

would you guys do it?

I would take that offer and buy a 5S. That is a crazy good offer, you shouldn't pass it up.

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
ohhhh were are dealing with monopoly money.... errr canadian dollars?

hehe I kid, ok makes sense.

But yeah, sell that phone!

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

would you guys do it?

Do it. For a 5s. If it was a 5c then definitely not.

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York

would you guys do it?

Sounds to good to be true.....thats way to much for an iPhone 5 32gig. I was trying to snag a 64gig mint iPhone 5 for $400 2 weeks ago.......even unlocked iPhone 5's are around $400-$450......I don't know.

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
Is this on eBay, Craigslist or some bloke in a pub offering that amount?

If that's way over the odds then I'd be suspicious, make sure you've cleared funds before sending. If they pay via PayPal log into your account to make sure the funds are there, would there be a risk also of a chargeback?

I often find if something's too good to be true then it probably isn't true.

Lammercy

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
I would only use Paypal because that's a too good to be true offer! If it's legit then good for it you!

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles

would you guys do it?

Why are you even asking? Sell it before the sucker changes their mind!

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Maybe through CL, but on ebay it's more like $500 for unlocked in mint condition. That's still less than $600 or even 565 in Canadian dollars.
Is this on eBay, Craigslist or some bloke in a pub offering that amount?

If that's way over the odds then I'd be suspicious, make sure you've cleared funds before sending. If they pay via PayPal log into your account to make sure the funds are there, would there be a risk also of a chargeback?

I often find if something's too good to be true then it probably isn't true.
I would only use Paypal because that's a too good to be true offer! If it's legit then good for it you!
Why are you even asking? Sell it before the sucker changes their mind!
Kijiji actually. i requested cash only

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
If it's legit I'd definitely sell and buy into the iPhone 5s. The iPhone 5s is quite simply the best smartphone ever made and every true Apple fan should be carrying one at this point.

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
If it's legit I'd definitely sell and buy into the iPhone 5s. The iPhone 5s is quite simply the best smartphone ever made and every true Apple fan should be carrying one at this point.
I would do it. Infact I sold my iPhone 5 32gb for less -___- but different places, different offers.
sounds too good to be true ...
cant believe it but i manage to sell it jsut now XD
kinda feel bad, he bought it for his gf for christmas.

i included 4 cases and preinstalled myself, bubble free fromt and back screen protectors