Got an offer for my unibody macbook pro, should I sell?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AluminumMB, Apr 6, 2009.

  1. AluminumMB macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    #1
    I got the unibody macbook pro 2.4GHz
    bought it for $2160 after taxes and got an offer for $2000 CAD flat.

    Should I sell it?

    I bought it at the store with the store's credit card - 3 months no interest - and still owe about $900. So this means I will have $1100 left over. Seems like I will lose $160 if I take the deal too.

    Is it worth to sell this computer for $2000? I'd save my money and hold onto it till a better MacBook Pro came out, like one with a matte display or would buy a unibody macbook with the $$$ if I saw a good deal around (i see a few good days with ppl hungry for money in today's economy)

    Thanks
     
  2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #2
    Why do you want to get rid of it? Does it not meet your needs? Are you having buyers remorse? Need some extra cash? Without knowing why you want to sell it, it is hard to offer good advice. That said, I wouldn't count on a MBP coming out with a matte display other than the 17 inch model. If it was me, I would keep it and enjoy it.
     
  3. AluminumMB thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    #3
    I could save my money and wait for a better MBP to come out...how long do you think the 2.4ghz unibody mbp will last for? Ideally, since its a big investment for me I'd like to last 3 years plus

    hmmm....or sell it for $2000 and pocket it :D
     
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

    Abstract

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2002
    Location:
    Location Location Location
    #4
    Is this your 2nd thread on this topic, or your 3rd?


    If you really want to sell it so badly, then sell it. There's no point asking us again. It's obviously a good deal since you'll never get an offer equal to what you paid for it, so now there's nothing stopping you. You could make the swap once you got the money in your bank account. If the 15" MBP you really want is released by Apple in 6 months, or in 1 year, then reconsider and make another purchase.

    Seems pretty simple. ;)
     
  5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #5
    Unless you constantly have to be on the cutting edge of technology, I would say your 2.4 MBP would easily last 3 years. By the time a better MBP came out, you would probably want to wait for the EVEN BETTER MBP to come out. My advice is still to use and enjoy what you have.
     
  6. sasmokeout macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2009
    #6
    I would say that u should definitely sell it. If you're thinking about it that seriously, then its obvious that u really want to. Also u still owe money on it, this way u can own something cheaper free and clear.
     
  7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

    clyde2801

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    In the land of no hills and red dirt.
    #7
    But if you do sell it, please do not make a thread about how you regret doing so. :D
     
  8. scienide09 macrumors 65816

    scienide09

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    Location:
    Canada
    #8
    My C2D 2.33 MBP is still going strong after 2 years. It could use more RAM for when I'm running Fusion, but other than that it's a trooper.

    Your brand-spankin new unibody will definitely last you for three years or more, so long as you treat it with respect. Keep it. As others have mentioned, there's always something new around the corner. The MBPs have gone through three revisions since I purchased mine in April of 07, including the update to unibody. If I turned around and sold my computer every time a new machine came along, I'd never have a chance to use it.
     

Share This Page