Got an Unlock from AT&T this am 11 months in

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LeeNH, Sep 20, 2012.

1. LeeNH macrumors regular

LeeNH

I'm selling my 4S and I was able to get my phone unlocked this a.m. by calling the AT&T number, selecting technical support, other. He sent the request as I spoke with him and then told me to backup and restore with iTunes. He did ask why I needed it unlocked and I told him perhaps a family member might want to use it overseas....

The phone is not off contract, still have 13 months left. I upgraded from a different line.

Just wanted to let you guys know. It's worth a shot if you're looking to sell your 4S when the 5 comes in.

Attached Files:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice.
    You just gotta get lucky with a good rep willing to do it.

3. LeeNH thread starter macrumors regular

LeeNH

Exactly. He was great. :)

4. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Lucky they would only direct me to a online form to fill out may take 5 days and he thinks I will get denied. I already sold the phone than the guy ask me to unlock it. If not I will just resell it and refund this buyer.

5. srcstc macrumors member

I submitted the online request to unlock my 4S (at&t) only to get turned down.
    I purchased the iphone 5 on month-to-month (no commitment) and I assume that's why.
    Spoke to a tech support rep via chat and he told me it can't be unlocked. Even though I've activated the 5 and am using it instead. :confused:

Will try again via phone.:mad::mad::mad:

6. srcstc macrumors member

When I log into my account it still shows that I'm using a 4s even though I activated the 5 on the 21st.
    Anyone know how long it'll be till they update it to show I'm using the 5 now?
    I assume the online request won't get turned down if my account updates.

Attached Files:

• 4s.jpg
      4s.jpg
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views: