Got back a new replacement from Apple for my MBP but still having the same battery issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sam311, Feb 22, 2017.

1. sam311 macrumors newbie

sam311

Today Feb the 22ND 2017 got my new replacement of my MBP 13" from Apple it was send directly from China 2 day air FEDEX, But worst than the one I send back.
    Here what happen the first 30% out of a 100% battery was gone in exactly one hour , I am going to test it tonight and give it a couple of days and call apple and tell them that nothing has changed.
    Well Apple will be moving to there new 175 Acre Campus that cost them 3-5 Billion Dollars and here we are struggling with a bad battery with our New MBP ? I am not sure whats going to be the next step , So far Apple is still selling these laptops both the 13" and 15" where had the same battery issue as I tested one last week and took it back .Would like to gear from other people and what they are doing to resolve this issue.

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Way too early to test the battery. The machine will be indexing, and if you have cloud photo accounts or the like, it could take a while. How did you test the battery before?

Most people are having no issues with 15" battery, but there are big threads about battery life.

3. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

Well I am going to give it a few days and then will decide . But on the last 20 years or more I never ever had any problem with any Apple item . I will test tonight and give it a few days basecly in the evenings and then will post more about it . But a doubt if this will be corrected . If I will get at least 7 hours I will be fine and happy but not as the one I send back that gave me 4 hours 20 minutes at all times . Thank you for your feed back which helps me and helps others have a great day

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I think all this desire for thin is coming at an alarming price. I've got an old huge Windows laptop that's at least 5 years old I think. It loses about 20% in an hour. I'd be pretty stressed to lose 30% on a brand new laptop...

Unless it needs time to index? I read that a lot about Apple products on first use with battery life.

5. akash.nu macrumors 601

akash.nu

It also depends on what you do on the device to be honest. If you're using it for graphics intensive operations then it's natural to drain battery quicker. My 2013 MacBook Air still works like a champ. I get over 8-9 hours still.

6. john.simatos macrumors newbie

No issue, 15" purchased three weeks ago. On general internet/music use solid 9/10 hours. Lightroom/photoshop raw editing maybe 4 hours. Online game 1 hour and a bit. Battery tech just sucks right now.