Got Dev account, How do we activate my 3GS as a Dev phone?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Ahheck01, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

I've had an iphone 3GS for a few months, and registered as a developer (currently have 3.2 SDK downloaded, etc), but that's under a certain username/email address that is different from the one I originally hooked my iPhone up to and downloaded all my apps from. If I switch to my developer account in iTunes, won't I lose all the apps/info from what I've downloaded in my "civilian" account? Naturally I'd like to install the OS 4 Dev Preview. How should I proceed?

-Evan

2. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

I'm also wondering the same things you are. Also after you buy an account how do multiple people login to edit, for example if my business partner wanted to login and change information can I add a login for him?

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Basically, you click devices in the portal. After that, you need to add a device then enter in the 40 digit identifier (connect iPhone to computer, go to Xcode, go to Window > Organizer, then copy the identifier and paste it...click use for development while you're at it). Then save. Note that this is what Apple checks when activating your iPhone under a beta firmware.

4. Torq macrumors regular

If I recally correctly (I've never tried) the individual developer accounts are limited to access by the registering developer (unless you do something silly like share account info I suppose).

So you'd need the corporate/enterprise developer account for this.

5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I believe the most they can do is edit whatever is on the iTunes Connect page since you can add users for that.

Note that corporations and company accounts I have no idea.

6. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. AndyCodez macrumors regular

Did it keep all of your apps that you had downloaded from using the phone normally?

8. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

I option-clicked on restore, allowing me to select the OS4 firmware file. It did a wipe and restore, then once it booted in OS4, it asked me if I wanted to restore to the latest backup. I said yes, and everything I had synced previously was restored, including in-app data for downloaded apps, surprisingly.