iPad Got iPad Air 2, sell or keep iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by katyoshi, Nov 9, 2014.

?

What should I do with the iPad 3?

1. Trade it into Amazon for the gift card.

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Keep it

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Sell to good friend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Give to sister or fiance.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

My situation is that I got a new gold iPad Air 2, 64gb, wifi only. I have a older iPad 3, 64gb wifi+verizon 4G/LTE that still works, but its a little laggy sometimes, I keep it by my bed and use it as a alarm ever since I got the new iPad air 2. I also got a iPhone 6 with T-Mobile unlimited LTE w/tether 5gb/month.

On amazon, they're willing to give me $225 for the trade in for a gift card.

I'm getting indecisive about whether or not I'll keep the iPad 3 or trade it into Amazon. What do you guys usually do with older iPads? Keeping it wouldn't be a financial issue for me. Should I...

1. Trade it into Amazon for the gift card.
    2. Keep it and use it for random uses..such as music in other rooms of the house etc.
    3. Sell it to my good friend for $150 (or $100 if I want to be real nice for this Holiday season).
    4. Give it to my sister who has a iPad 2 at home or give it to my fiancé.

2. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

I say trade it to Amazon (or try Best Buy, their rate may be higher). Having two iPads is pointless imo

3. S.I.D. CrAzY macrumors newbie

Wish I could sell mine for some extra cash, but my kids use it every now and then and I'd rather they use that one than my new one.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

If u don't need the money then just give it to someone who doesn't have one.

5. harrypham macrumors member

Keep it or give it to your relatives.

Last year, after buying an iPad Air 1 Silver 32 GB Wifi Only, I gave my old iPad 3rd White 32 GB Cellular to my dad. This time, I just gave the Air 1 to my 14 year old sister after getting my Air 2 Gold 64 GB Cellular.

All of them still have been working perfectly.