Got ipads? If not, why haven't you got one yet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Jun 24, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What are you guys hoping or waiting for on ipad 2nd generation. If you already have it, enjoy yours. I just got iphone 4, and I am going to wait for Ipad 2.

Apple should include these things.

1. Get rid of non sense on 130 dollars more for 3G. No one is going to pay 130 dollars more for AT&T network with tiered pricing.

2. Don't expect 128 GB, but price should come down. The base model should start off with 32GB at least. If not, you fail apple. My iphone should not have more memory than ipad.

3. Gyroscope

4. Better display to match up against iphone 4. They are using same iOS, so people will compare them. Please update these displays to higher contrast ratio.

5. Probably cameras for face time or ichat. Apple seems to be very focused on this.

6. Faster processor with better power management.

7. Not a significant design change, but apple needs to do something about aluminum design. It's causing a poor wi-fi receptions.

What do you all think? Am i asking too much? Or... wat?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

But if you buy the 2nd gen iPad, than the 3rd gen will have more features. But if you wait for it, the 4th gen will be even better. You can play that game forever. I looked at it, could rationalize the 64 gig 3G so I bought it.

4. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

1. Well that would be nice but not that big of a problem
    2. I expect 128gb, 64gb chips should be available soon
    3. Definetly
    4. No comment:mad:
    5. Most likely
    6. Faster processor... Yeah probably, better power management... What wrong with 10 hours
    7. Wifi problems should be fixed, don't think the aluminum is the problem... I don't want a plastic back

5. wesrk macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting to start grad school again in October. I'll buy one then, version 1, 2… doesn't matter. Whatever is available in October I'm getting it.

6. FoxMcCloud macrumors 6502a

My iPad 3G has no problems connecting to my 5ghz network. Full bars all over my 3 storey house.

What I would like is ability to print to the printer attached to my airport (even if they restrict it to only airport connected printers)

Also, integrated camera connection kit and front facing camera for some face time (Skype).

That is all I want. Oh and some better standard apps, like mobile me gallery and calculator etc.

7. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

8. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

1, Umm people are buying them, a price reduction would be nice but apple are selling 3G ipads.

2, Again apple are managing to sell ipads as fast as they can make them. I fail to see why they need to reduce the price, although it would be nice. Plus not everyone wants a lot of storage.

3, Totally agree.

4, Changing the display would put up the price.

5, I don't want a camera.

6, I'm not sure how they'd improve power management as the battery time is pretty much excellent. As yet I haven't thought this thing is so slow.

7, they need to improve wi-fi reception.

9. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

thank god you don't own a business.

10. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

You didn't really think your post through, imo.

The base model IP4 starts off with 16gb, just as the base iPad does; you have to compare like with like when playing that game. Moving up the range, the iPad actually tops out with twice the memory of your IP4.

Taking the comment you made above, regarding price coming down, this seems an impossibility. That's an expensive display in the IP4, and it's only little. Improving much beyond the current iPad panel will probably add an awful lot to the cost. Which will either raise its purchase price, or mean adding in a lot of the features you request elsewhere in your post is a virtual impossibility.

Just my opinion, of course, but something has to give.

Edit: Just saw MacMod's post above, and I wholly concur. Though my post is nowehere near as succint :p

11. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

As soon as I can afford one - I'll have it. I like what it does now and don't really care if the gen2 has a coffee maker built-in or not.

I guess my reason is a common one - nada dinero = nada iPad (for now)

12. Neuroguy macrumors member

Waiting for Retina

I'll wait for the next iPad version which will most likely (IMHO) have a retina display.