Got iPhone again..can't share pictures from camera app anymore??

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by darkazcura, Oct 7, 2012.

1. darkazcura macrumors member

So, I had a 4S back in March..returned it..now I have a 4 (spare; my Nokia broke, completely my fault). Anyway, I took a picture with my 4, clicked the bottom right area to get to my picture and wanted to send it out through text or e-mail. The option wasn't there, though? I only had an option to delete or go back to the camera app. I had to go all the way to the Camera Roll folder/section in the Photos app to share it. Now I hadn't used the iPhone for 7 months so I thought maybe the option was never there and I had just forgotten?

I asked my friend (we were working on a project at the time) who owns a 3GS. He took a picture, touched the bottom right to get to the picture, and he had the option to share it!

Forgive me if this has been harped on already, but is this a iOS6 omission? It's so weird that they took that option out. Why would they take the option out to share direct from the camera app?

EDIT: Oh wow..I figured it out. It's because I used the camera app from the lock screen. If I use the camera app after unlocking my phone, the share option is there. I understand why Apple does this (because it would give access to someone who doesn't have the passcode to unlock the phone), but I don't have a passcode. I feel like they should change it so that if you don't have a passcode, you can share from the lock screen camera app. So change of discussion..should Apple allow sharing from the lock screen camera app if someone doesn't have a passcode on their phone?

2. stevebubble macrumors member

You can still share photos direct from the camera app but not if you opened the camera from the lock screen.

3. unkn0wnsoldier macrumors regular

unkn0wnsoldier

My 4s has been like that as long as I can remember. Sometimes I can take a photo and immediately have the share option, other times I need to leave the camera app and go into the photos app to send it. It's strange and doesn't make sense. Hopefully someone can chime in and she'd some light on this.

4. darkazcura thread starter macrumors member

Haha, guys I figured it out already. Read my edit. Thanks, though!

unknown, it's only for the camera app when accessed from the lockscreen. It's to protect those who have a passcode on their lock screen. I feel like they should adjust it for people who don't have a passcode, though.

5. stevebubble macrumors member

Glad you figured it out, your edit wasn't there when i posted.:D

6. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

They may have done it the way they did to make sure there is not "trick" to get around the lockscreen (didn't emergency calls use to have some exploit to get you past the lockscreen?)

7. moonman239 macrumors 68000

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Probably because he hasn't set one up! :D

Seriously though, I don't have a passcode either because it adds an extra step and I don't really need one; just like my wallet and keys I never let my phone out of my sight.