got ketamine in my keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by happle, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happle macrumors 6502a

i was blowing some k off my mbp and my friend knocked some into my keyboard. is there anything to worry about?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

The biggest concern would be long-term cognitive effects but judging by your other posts I don't think you've got much to worry about.

3. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

nah I'm good to go. i don't do it a lot just every once in a while. feels nice to get a lil k rocked every now and again. I'm in college...gotta enjoy things now because soon i will not be able to any more.

4. aCondor macrumors 6502

Probably because you'll be dead. Have fun!

5. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually if you knew anything about ketamine you would know that its fairly safe in the sense that it does not effect your heart rate or breathing like many other anesthetics or mild hallucinogens. that fact along with my common sense of knowing my limits and what and what not to do, i deem it safe in moderation.

maybe you should be more informed before you jump to conclusions. carry on now.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

funny thing with most overdoses is the person doesn't even know they OD until it happens ... 99.9% of ODs are not done on purpose ... they just happen

good luck

7. happle, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

obviously. the thing with ketamine is you will be in a k hole (sleeping more or less) before you can even come close to OD'ing. but i don't even bring myself to the point of a k hole (which many people do it solely for that purpose). i just like to enjoy the anesthetic and hallucinogenic effects it has while still be conscious.

on a side note it seems that many of you are judgmental and ignorant in some ways. don't assume things if you do not have knowledge about them. I'm sure many of you drink and wouldn't even question me had i mentioned something about drinking. but i believe its actually more easy to OD from alcohol or hurt yourself while drinking and die. its unfortunate how society brainwashes people.

8. theipadkid macrumors newbie

what the first guy said LOL

9. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

such a generic statement. why don't you propose an educated argument to my statements?

funny thing is I'm under the influence and can still probably back up my thoughts better than you can yours.

to each his own.

10. gullySn0wCat macrumors 6502

You should be OK, just blast it with some canned air if you're worried.

11. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Ketamine Overdose ...
    http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/library/ketamine-overdose/

the thing with ODs is they happen when you least expect them ... one time the dose is fine ... the next time it is fine ... then for no explanation the same dose puts you into OD

12. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Not going to comment on the drugs, but blast the keyboard with some compressed air, and you should be good.

13. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Actually, it does both increase your heart rate and lower your respiratory rate, among other things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine#Short_term

14. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

anyone can google ketamine overdose and copy the first link.

if you did more research you would find that the amount of ketamine needed to overdose is actually quite high. infact its more than i even ever buy at a single given time.

with that being said i know my limits and how the drug reacts with my own body. i slow down far before i even get close to a k hole.

im willing to bet far more people have died from alcohol poisoning than ketamine overdose. the numbers are actually quite low for ketamine usage. in most cases its a mixture of a number of drugs.

edit: to the last poster. the effects of heart rate and breathing are very very minimal compared to other drugs. thats one of its strong points and why it is still used medically. even a small dose of a benzo effects your breathing more than ketamine does.

15. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Just to clarify for the OP, use the canned air on the keyboard. Do not huff it. ;)

16. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

:D dont tempt me

i was thinking a vacuum to suck it out instead of blowing it in further.

17. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you may be right ... I have heard of the term Social Drinker (which many people are) ... however the "Social Ketamine User" is quite rare

as for Alcohol poisoning ... most people would puke and pass out before they reach an OD stage ... with Ketamine OD it can happen quite suddenly.

but you must already know this with all your vast Ketamine Knowledge :rolleyes:

18. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

don't be a smart ass.

and while there might not be a social ketamine user since its not really a social drug, i am an occasional ketamine user and believe in moderation.

also, an OD off ketamine would be harder than you think. all you do is have to have a general idea of how strong it is and just dose until you get the desired effects. most of the time before you will overdose you will just go into a k hole...which is essentially what the drug is for medically most of the time (besides when its used to treat depression which is still in its experimental stage).

and actually SOOOO many people die from throwing up off alcohol in their sleep, which is considered an OD. so yes you might throw up from alcohol before you die from it, but if you fall asleep before you throw up you could be screwed.

19. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

It seems you have a vast amount of Ketamine knowledge as well. :rolleyes:

By the way, I don't condone the use of drugs, but I just enjoy this thread.

20. aCondor macrumors 6502

Do drugs if you want. Don't do drugs if you don't want. Not our place to judge.
    That being said, I think your question has been answered, and could have been solved just as easily without the drug references.

21. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

it just amuses me that people will be so quick to judge and assume things about other drugs when they drink alcohol themselves.

society brainwashes people to think that drinking is okay, when in fact it is one of the most dangerous drugs out there.

go ahead and look up the statistics and facts about alcohol and **** and compare them to other drugs. just because its socially acceptable does not make it any better. the gov only keeps it around for money, just like cigs.

im not saying ketamine is okay to do by any means. a drug is a drug and they all have risks. but if you are smart and use moderation and common sense you should be fine, just like with alcohol, except you still see many more deaths related to alcohol because of its dangerous nature.

22. Darby67 macrumors 6502

I'd suggest submersing the computer in heavily salted water for an hour or so. Might also help with the friend as well.

23. theipadkid macrumors newbie

tell that to ur 2 thumbs down on that comment LOL

thats really pathetic

24. aCondor macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

25. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Huzzah for free will!

I completely agree with the OP's view on the whole alcohol/drugs thing. Alcohol is no worse/better than any other drug, although society likes to make alcohol look "safer". They're all the same. However, this is just my own opinion.

If somebody wants to drink, if somebody wants to "shoot up" or whatever the kids are calling it these days, so be it. Who am I to judge?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.