Got Lucky - iPhone 4 purchase - got 4.0.1!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by m3coolpix, Sep 2, 2010.

1. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Just bought an iPhone 4 32gb at a busy Apple store. Got lucky (for once) and got a 4.0.1 (box was still sealed)!

Yay! Jailbroken already, pending TSS request, ran TinyUmbrella and it's got 4.0.2 SHSHs saved (obviously no 4.0.1 since Apple doesn't sign that version anymore, boo hiss).

But at least I can set it back up how I had my 3Gs on 4.0.1 JB'n and patiently wait on 4.1 JB release. I was so sure I was going to be unJB'n for a few weeks.

So.....moral of the story, 4.0.1 does still float around out there, even at Apple stores.

Now....just watch something crash and make me have to restore to 4.0.2 (where's a wood desk when you need it)....

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Yep - I unwittingly updated to 4.0.2 before JBing, and thought I was stuck. When I had to trade in my iPhone for a new one due to a technical problem (No SIM issue), the new replacement was on 4.0.1 allowing me to JB it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a great number of the stock that Apple stores have now are still on 4.0.1 due to shipping prior to the 4.0.2 update (the "genius" at the Apple store confirmed this, too).

3. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Bit like with me then, my original release day i4 was running 4,0 but it broke last week, I had to get a replacement from Apple but luckily it was running 4.0.1 and not 4.0.2 :)

4. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

Lucky you.

Bought my wife a iPhone 4 16gb at an Apple Store in Simi Valley, CA last week and it was already running 4.0.2

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

you had good luck. Just got back from accompanying my friend who was buying his at an at&t store and he got 4.0.2 lol thats the first thing he checked as soon as the rep handed him the phone.