Got me some new acc. in preperation for my Verizon Iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Onthelo, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Well as luck would have it all my acc. I ordered for my new Verizon Iphone4 have showed up today right before my phone is scheduled to show up so that worked perfect. Extra special thank you to Power support, SGP, and icarbons for the speedy delivery and excellent customer service. I picked up a few different options not sure which combo I am going with yet.. but here's what I got..
    SGP Reventon Yellow Neo Hybrid EX series case
    SGP Infinity White Neo Hybrid EX series case
    Power support anti-glare front and crystal back screen shields
    icarbons white carbon fiber kit

Heres a photo .. what is everyones plans for their new verizon iphone once it shows up? Have a nice weekend guys! Only a few more days!:apple:

[​IMG]

2. Onthelo thread starter macrumors regular

Onthelo

Most likely be going with the icarbons kit and the infinity white bumper but using the rubber insert gasket from the reventon one to give it some contrast I have seen quite a few people do the contrast combo and I like it. Once the guys down in fresno get that e13ctron case mocked up for the verizon iphone I will be picking one of those up to to try it out. Can't wait!

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Nice. I would imagine people would be using exactly the same accessories as they would for the AT&T iPhone!

4. Vihzel macrumors 6502

SGP doesn't have ViPhone compatible Hybrid EX cases yet according to their website.

5. Onthelo thread starter macrumors regular

Onthelo

That is true and i do have an email from them stating they dont guarantee fitment of the verizon version. But I can tell you I have taken this one to the apple store today and matched it the best i could up against the universal apple bumper and the cutouts match up almost identical from what i can tell. Yes the mute switch will be lower in the pocket towards the bottom but it will do for now untill they release an official verizon version or just say this one will work, I could be wrong if thats the case i will dremel out the hole ever so slightly to fit the mute switch. I have a side pic Ill post it hang on..

6. Onthelo thread starter macrumors regular

Onthelo

Here is the side photo of the mute switch honestly from what I have compared it looks like it will work, although like I previously stated i could be wrong. I will post photos of it Monday with the case on once i get the phone.

[​IMG]

7. jonsuh macrumors member

Sweet. I keep looking at the yellow SGP Hybrid EX cases myself; however, I am hesitant because the switch has been moved. I wish there were documentation available of the dimensions to see exactly where the hole is located in relation to the actual switch.

I have yet to find an article or picture of the SGP Hybrid EX case on a Verizon iPhone.

8. Civicsixxx macrumors member

My Power Support crystal screen protector came in the mail today. I purchased it from J&R (Amazon). I'm glad I bought it online because when I went to the Apple store last night they only had the anti-glare.

I also went to a Verizon store today and they had all the cases that are on their website in-stock. The had a ton of them too. They must be expecting to sell a lot of phones! I bought the Incipio two piece at first but ended up exchanging it for the Belkin high gloss in black after I opened the package and saw how it looked from the front (not a fan of how much it overlaps).

Edit: nm, I see your update about the SGP cases.

9. jonsuh macrumors member

Does the "HD" anti-glare screen protectors really make a difference compared to regular screen protectors? I first laughed when I read "New HD film is compatible with retina display." I thought, "a plastic film, compatible with retina display??"

But then I thought, really?

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've yet to see a screen protector that didn't compromise the retina display's screen quality to some extent. I avoid them.

Also, the best car mount is the Proclip system.

11. jonsuh macrumors member

Keep in mind that with the SGP Hybrid EX case, it may not fit. Would probably suggest an adjustable mount instead.

12. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Proclip sells an adjustable mount, and their dash clips are well made and fit great, pricey though for what it is.

13. Onthelo thread starter macrumors regular

Onthelo

14. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Forget mute switch, volume buttons?

Everyone keeps harping on the mute switch location with cases. What about the volume buttons? Don't the reports say they have moved too? That would make the cases a poor fit too...

15. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

no, only the vibrate switch moved down. that's why they're in the same place on the apple universal bumper

16. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Got the same case for my iPhone 4 too, so far it has been doing well. I'm pretty sure you'll love it once you get your iPhone too.