iPad mini Got Mini(r) '1'' yesterday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by New Apple, Oct 22, 2014.

1. New Apple macrumors regular

ok last year model
    however

i haven't had any Mini (1) or Airs before, just the Ipad3

i find it wonderful :)

don't notice any gamut problem (most likely is there, but to me that's good enough)

screen size, too small = reading the constant scream and tears on the net i was like omg what a tiny machine so horrible to use might this be ?
    ok i went 2-3 times to the shops, but always saw it quickly, now at home, with all the time of the world, i really DONT miss 1-2-3-4 more inches

this form factor is perfect
    UNLESS you might want a bigger thing to put on a table (flat, face up)
    and eventually draw or do similar things.

i'm loving it.

thank you for the BIG discount Mr Cook!!!

2. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Enjoy it! I used my 32GB cellular R-Mini heavily for the last year and just recently sold it. It was a fabulous device and like you, the form factor was terrific: small, porable and light...great for web, movies on plane, PDF's. The only negative for me was the limited gamut and overall muted colors (ie, but won't rehash this...it's been beat to death).

MicroCenter in Atlanta had new 32GB Wifi models on sale for $319....all gone now. That's the best price I've seen. I think Best Buy has the same model for $349.
    Microcenter in Atlanta also has the original Air (new: 32GB wifi) for $399....plenty in stock. That's just $10 more than the Apple refurb price.....terrific deals on last Generation models to be had.

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

If anyone is interested, best scarf one up now. Anyone considering waiting for the Mini 3 instead not owning the 1st RMini and now seeing the specs of the second RMini I'm sure will go for this instead especially since it can be had for a great price.

4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I wish I could have a first experience with the Retina Mini again. It blew my mind, I love the thing so much.

Congrats on your new Mini. It's definitely one of the best Apple products ever.

5. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I agree, I used the original mini and upgraded to the retina mini when it came out a year ago. It's a great device.