Got MMS & EDGE working on iPhone 4 with T-mobile USA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric Noa, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Hello guys I finally got my MMS & EDGE to work with the iPhone 4 on T-mobile USA. (I have the Unlimited Even More Plus Family Talk and Text with the $10 Unlimited Web For Phones)

I will post everything I did to get it to work and tomorrow I will do a demonstration of it working so you guys can believe me! Unfortunately still not Facetime, but nor really important to me!

1.Jailbreak and Unlock your phone using Jailbreakme and Unltrasn0w
    2. Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings (Only do this if you have already tried changing your settings)
    3. Cydia -> Manage -> Sources -> Edit -> Add -> http://beta.leimobile.com/repo -> Return To Cydia
    4. Click on LEIMobile Repo -> Install T-Mobile 4.0 MMS Fix -> Reboot
    5. The previous steps were done with the T-mobile SIM in your iPhone 4, after you complete those 4 steps take out the T-mobile SIM and insert the AT&T SIM.....wait 10 sec and take out the AT&T SIM and insert the T-mobile SIM.
    6. Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Dada Network -> Type in the following settings!

Cellular Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username: Leave Blank
    Password: Leave Blank

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS: Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

When I send an MMS to myself it sends and a couple of seconds after it sends I receive it, The only issue Im having is when someone send me an MMS I can't receive it, this is what I get:

"The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction."

As soon as I get this fix I will post it here! If anyone needs help just let me know!

2. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I also got Internet Tethering to work! Just use the same APN as the one for Cellular Data and leave Username and Password Blank

3. Valix macrumors newbie

4. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Not with T-mobile! I rather save money!!! AT&T is OVERPRICED.... I don't use the internet that much on my phone either way, I don't mind having EDGE

5. Valix macrumors newbie

why get a smart phone if you dont use internet?
    800$ for a unlocked iphone4, and Edge? just get a ipod touch.

6. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Hmm I do use the internet but not like if I was on my iMac or Macbook Pro! its a phone it'll never be like a computer!!! Also I did not pay 800 for an unlock phone. I unlocked it myself! and like I said before I don't mind using EDGE!!!!

7. vatt inthavong macrumors newbie

Thank you very much Eric, I followed your instructions and it works great!!
    I modify a fews steps, i hope you don't mind.

I have iphone 4 on tmobile $10, Edge (I don't really need 3g)

1.Jailbreak and Unlock your phone using Jailbreakme and Unltrasn0w
    2. Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings (Only do this if you have already tried changing your settings)
    3. Cydia -> Manage -> Sources -> Edit -> Add -> http://beta.leimobile.com/repo -> Return To Cydia
    4. Click on LEIMobile Repo -> Install T-Mobile 4.0 MMS Fix -> Reboot
    5. The previous steps were done with the T-mobile SIM in your iPhone 4,

before you reboot in 4 steps take out the T-mobile SIM and insert the AT&T SIM.....

wait about 10 sec after reboot and take out the AT&T SIM and insert the T-mobile SIM.

6. Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Dada Network -> Type in the following settings!

Cellular Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS: Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

8. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    With the latest iphone hack(s?) working on pretty much all firmware versions and basebands of the iPhone, I thought that I should finally jump on getting an iPhone for my wife so that she could use on t-mobile. But something I didn't consider was the need for an AT&T SIM. I'm not sure I would have access to an AT&T sim - especially one that's activated to work with AT&T and its iPhone plan if that's needed. I was just going to grab an iPhone 3gs slightly used on craigslist. The one I'm eying has applecare on it so I'd be good for almost 2 years, not sure if I could even use it though if it's been hacked to work w/ t-mobile