Got MPB-Issues.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Theunknown1087, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Theunknown1087 macrumors member

So a little bit ago fedex dropped off my macbook pro 13 inch refurb. I turn it on, get to the white screen with the apple logo....multiple 5-7dark pixels on my screen! WTF?! I called Apple care, told them the issue. I get told to do Control,shift,option, and power and hold them down for five seconds...Did that, still there. Told me to do software update...still there. He told me I could call my local apple store to find out if they can swap it out. I called them, guy there told me they don't do that, and i should call the apple care again. I called back, they told me I can do an exchange. That's cool. Now here I am waiting for a damn label to get to my email (up to 24 hours), then take it to fedex and ship it back. then up to 24 hours later, they will ship out a new one. I most likely wont get it to weds now.

How can I figure out if they are stuck or dead? They don't show up on black, just white.

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Black are dead pixels anyway why open a thread about this? It's very standard exchange via Apple care since you bought it online plus it's a refurb so a store cannot help you.

3. Theunknown1087 thread starter macrumors member

It's just bs that they give me a run around. plus quality right out of the box is bad.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

this happens all the time, and apple is no exception. computer components fail all the time, and DOAs occur (especially when handled by dumbasses at Fedex/UPS). That's why I always prefer to make major computer purchases at a B&M store for easy returns if necessary.

5. Theunknown1087 thread starter macrumors member

So they are sending me a replacement. I just don't know if they have it marked for a Saturday delivery. They have it as "Next day business". FedEx says if its not marked for Saturday, I wont get it to Monday or Tuesday.