Got my 2.53 MBP swapped for a 2.66

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by audiofx, Mar 17, 2009.

1. audiofx macrumors regular

audiofx

As a fairly new apple guy i am hapy to say i stand by my chice to pay apple prices. I was a bit upset that 2.53 got bumped to 2.66 about 20 or so days since i got my mbp. My first 2.53 MBP had really bad light leak when and it was to the point watching a movie was distracting. I had my appoint today (finally) to goto the apple store. I explained my situation and showed the apple employee the light leakage. he agreed it was not good and went to see what he could do. This the MBP was purchased at best buy he said it would be difficult to swap and also because i am outside the 14 day period. I explained i am new to apple and have spent a decent amount of money the last few months (a regular umb , recent mac mini, time capsule, airport express, iphone, etc) he went to talk to the store manager who made me a deal swapped it out if i went with apple care :), so i did. I now have a new 2.66 UMBP! With 94 screen (old was 95) no backlight leak! I also got an LG super drive this time!, and so far very happy!. Great service from apple and being able to goto a retail store is very nice! Thought i would share a positive experience.

2. stevo8 macrumors 6502

That's awesome man.. Not to mention that now you have apple care and a lot less to worry about down the road.

3. lazydesi macrumors 6502

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

just some advice to everyone here. never buy apple computers at Best Buy. I was a CEM manager for the one in Boston. the service plans and bull***** like that are just there to screw you. believe me. just dont haha.

5. audiofx thread starter macrumors regular

audiofx

I got the applecare from apple the computer itself came from bestbuy , but i will assure you that wont happen again. Possibly from macmall etc for tax reasons but usually my student discount offsets the tax and id rather get it apple direct for better CS in the future.

6. goffski macrumors member

Posted this in another thread but to cut a long story short i dropped my 2.53 MBP, my home insurance is now replacing it with a brand new same spec machine. Not too sure where its coming from but my original was from the Apple Store.

As this will be brand new and un-opened what's the chances of getting it swapped at the Apple Store for the 2.66 version? Is it worth trying?

I already have Apple Care so i guess i'll have to swap this over to the new machine.

7. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

I had something similar. My 2.53 GHz went in for repairs last week at my local apple store. The screwed up the machine worse than before and instead switched it to a brand new 2.66GHz machine on the spot.

I bought my 2.53GHz machine in the first week that they were released back in October.