Got my 2.8Ghz Macbook Pro today and Love it!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jpur, Oct 22, 2008.

1. jpur macrumors member

Just wanted to post this since there have been a lot of negative posts lately. I am happy to report that my new MBP showed up today with no flaws what so ever. No uneven keys, no dust or dead pixels, no battery cover issue, and no uneven closed lid.

I just wanted to give some hope to all of you patiently waiting for your BTO MBP. It's worth the wait!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. hyeg35 macrumors newbie

hyeg35

very nice. mine will be here monday for sure, crossing my fingers for tomorrow.:D

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

Benchmark it and let us know how your numbers compare to:

and

I am interested to see how much the numbers will vary between different units.

5. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Congratulations, I really love this new design also. It's my favorite in a long time. Which drive did you get?

6. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

I'm sorry to rain on your parade. I'm going to be ordering my first mac product (other then an iPod) tomorrow. I am between the 2.8 and the 2.53, what I'm wondering is if the 2.8 is considered a BTO, and if so that means I can't return it if something goes wrong right? The 2.53 isn't considered a BTO right? Sorry, I'm slightly confused by this and need some clerification :confused:

Thanks all, and congrats on your purchase.

7. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Any custom config would be considered a BTO. So unless you order one of the two stock configs (one of which has a 2.53 GHz) it would be considered BTO. I haven't checked but you might try calling your local Apple Stores. Sometimes they have configurations in store that are not offered online. You can return these systems if need be.

8. macbook123 macrumors 68000

When did you order and when did it ship?

I ordered last Friday and it currently says shipping between Oct 31 and Nov 5, which is quite ridiculous.

9. Coldwater macrumors member

Just got my 2.8 (320GB @ 7200RPM) as well, Geekbench result of 6327 (32-bit), very snappy, boot time of 6 seconds or less, and no signs of dust/uneven keys/dead pixels.

I ordered mine last Tuesday, had it canceled and re-ordered last Wednesday, and it arrived a day early (expected delivery of Friday).

10. LinMac macrumors 65816

Can you post a link to the Geekbench results? 6327 seems unusually high for a Macbook Pro and roughly 100% faster than every other test result we've seen.

11. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Yeah, me too. I'm stuck with my 2.16 White MB. Still works perfectly though! Unfortunately I have no reason to justify a new Alum. MB.:mad:

12. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

Ya those numbers doesn't look right. Should be around 3600 for the new 2.8 MBP. Mine for example is 2.4 SR MBP and gets around 3150.

13. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

The closest Apple Store to me is 4.5 hours away in Toronto....I havbe to order online, and I'm afraid I'll get one that won't work, and I won't be able to return it....