Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

SamRumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
So I went to Target and got a $200 "Target Trade-in Card" for a 2nd Gen iPad.

I tried to use it as a giftcard on Target.com but it wouldn't work. How does one spend the trade-in money on the Target online store?

Thanks

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas

I tried to use it as a giftcard on Target.com but it wouldn't work. How does one spend the trade-in money on the Target online store?

Thanks

You can only spend it in store. For some reason it reads it as a MasterCard.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida

Thanks

when I got my card, they told me it was only good in store at the Target Mobile kiosk or in the Electronics Department. It was not good for items online or in the rest of the store.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
when I got my card, they told me it was only good in store at the Target Mobile kiosk or in the Electronics Department. It was not good for items online or in the rest of the store.

That would suck. I could lay down $200 at Target easy but not if confined to the ED.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
I just got back from trading in my 1st gen 16gb. The card can be used in store for anything. It's not limited to the mobile section or electronics. Says it can be used online too.

abecker

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
According to customer service you put it in online as a mastercard and use the last 3 (of the 6 digits) of the number on the back-bottom of the card as the security code.

Not sure if correct; but that's what they said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.