Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevey500

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Okay, so I got my first iphone.

I'm like a genius at the mac, which in the real world isn't someone that actually had to be very smart.

But I am curious of the latest and greatest os/x apps for iphone filesystem editing... such as for installing 3rd party apps (that arent in the app store), changing settings not normally able to set from the Settings.app etc... Is that even allowed to be mentioned on the board? Hope so.

About jailbreaking, i would love to connect to my phone through wifi on my macbook to use the 3G network. Do I have to jailbreak to do that?

I know I can search for this, but I know there are people on the board that can list this stuff in 8 seconds and point me to what's right before I screw up my new phone, lol.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

-steve

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
As of right now Cydia is the only installer out for 2.0 to change settings and appearances and other things Apple won't allow. As time goes on more apps will be ported over to 2.0. To get that jailbreak with pwnage http://sleepers.net/news/guides/pwnage-20-guide/. Don't worry about messing up the phone. As long as you don't unlock it the worst case you'll be in is having to do a clean restore of the firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.