Got my 3g with no data package.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TsuaSai, Aug 3, 2008.

1. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Well I got my phone had lots of problems at the Apple store. Drove 2 hours with my 3 month old to get there. Mostly ATT saying I could upgrade but we were getting some error. Finally paid and was done got out to the car and noticed nothing was really working other than the phone and texting. But didn't think anything of it my baby was a sleep so we hit the road and started heading back home.

Finally called ATT and asked them why none of my data was working and they said I didn't have an iPhone... Well that is what I was holding so pretty sure I know what kind of phone I have. So gave them the IMEI # in and that jive. Still nothing so they are suppose to be able to get it fixed monday. They lady on the phone at first was trying to tell me I have to go back to Apple and get it fixed.... But there was no way I could turn around.

Anyways I am going to go to an ATT store today and see if I can get it all fixed. I'll let you know how it goes.

2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

I like how Apple and AT&T say go talk to the other like they're you're parents and you're in the middle of a fight. There should be some type of AT&T genious or something in the apple store.

I had to stand in line for my iphone (fine, who hasn't) there was a problem porting my number so I had to go to the other side of the mall just for them to say that I needed to give them a different billing address (fine, I could use the exercise) BUT when I went back to the apple store (not even 10 min later) I had to wait in line again, which was longer. The whole process is WHACK.

3. davyreins macrumors 6502

There are some people that would love not to have the data plan. It's too bad it happened to a person that actually wanted it.

4. TsuaSai thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah that was my thoughts as well. However I got this phone to get to use the data and knew and was okay with the price ahead of time.

I went to ATT store today thank god they didn't try and send my back to Apple. But they got me fixed up in about 10 minutes. So I was happy with the girl that helped me. However I did piss off another ATT employee. There was someone up there getting there iphone the had ordered. They were trying to sell them the Apple Care and telling them they only have 30 days to get it. I told them they had 1 year from today. They guy asked me if I worked for Apple, told him nope didn't need to its clearly on there website. Then some other ATT girl told him I was right. I don't think he liked me very much, so good thing he was helping me .

Anyways I am super happy now to have everything working. Haven't had time to play with it much but looking forward to our next road trip!