Got my 3GS tonight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OneMike, Jun 26, 2009.

1. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Was debating for a while whether I wanted to stick with the old 4GB 2G iPhone that I've had just about 2 years. Longest I've ever had a phone.

Decided to just do it.

This time unlike my 2G phone went straight from iphone wrapping into a griffin wave case. Suits my needs. Probably will get a different screen protector though.

3GS is so much better. Went with 32GB in White. 3G to 3GS would've been a difference but from 2G to 3GS is wow.

Went over the phone and didn't find any issues. Loving it.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The speed is a huge improvement.
    Apps and everything just opens up way faster along with loading pages and everything in general is just quicker.

3. ViPa macrumors 6502a

congrats, the move from a 2G to a 3GS is epic

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Coming from a 2G myself I can tell you first hand you will be amazed by the speed and graphics of this new iPhone in EVERY application and program ...it reminds me of going from my G4 PowerBook to my MacBook pro...stunning difference really...

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

Picked mine up yesterday am... I like it a lot.... but need jailbreak lol. My i looks naked without my customization.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Actually, the 2G and the 3G had the same processor + RAM, so the difference between either one and the 3GS is the same. In other words, huge. :)

8. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

9. OneMike thread starter macrumors 603

OneMike

Yep, you are right about processor. From 2G I was also referring to the slower EDGE network, no GPS, design differences, and other minor things.

Actually found a buyer for my 2G last night locally as well. $150 wasn't bad for a 4GB 2G especially considering the condition. Let them know about MR so maybe have a new member here as well.

Maybe time for a new itunes giftcard.

10. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

we got that...

Big upgrade. You really held out with the 4GB 2g. I wouldn't take it when it was all that was left at AT&T at first launch. Was lucky to get it at an Apple Store the next day with the full 8GB.

Don't know why folks would go for the smaller size but it's a choice. Other than the huge processor and RAM improvements, the sound quality on 3G is far better than the 2G which I thought was not too good.

That you got $150 is pretty good considering.

Welcome to the 32GB club. :cool:

11. OneMike thread starter macrumors 603

OneMike

Took the wave case back and exchanged for a white incase slider. Feel a lot more durable.

Just trying to see if i'm going to get a screen protector or not