Got my 6+ but the darn thing won't work...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MACelmore, Nov 4, 2014.

1. MACelmore macrumors regular

iMessage just sits there and says "waiting for activation". I can use WiFi, but when I'm on my cellular network, Safari and other web-based applications say that there isn't an internet connection.

I waited 7 weeks for this thing. Any help so that I don't have to take a trip to the Apple store tomorrow?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

So iMessage works except when on cellular data? Does other data work (ie loading a web page)?

3. kweevuss macrumors member

Sounds like you aren't on the cellular network. Try to reboot and if that doesn't work call your carrier and ask them what is up, could just need activated

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

2 things I would check.

First check your clock is correct. I have found with ee and T-Mobile phones when I repair them on restarting the device if the clock is incorrect then it won't connect to the network. Once it has connected the auto set function can be turned back on.

Second thing I would do is go settings > general > about and see if it prompts a carrier update

5. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

What carrier are you on? Can you make and receive calls with it?

6. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Call your carrier. When I first got mine, it wouldn't make calls. Called the carrier, they reset something, problem solved.

7. MACelmore thread starter macrumors regular

Wow thanks all for the quick responses.

So let me clarify.. It WAS working when I first got it out of the box. I was searching the internet and texting and everything (not on wifi). Then I tried to respond to a text and it didn't go through. I went to settings > messages > iMessage and that's when I saw the "waiting for activation".

I tried resetting iMessage.. Didn't work. Tried logging out of iCloud and logging back in.. Didn't work.

It is weird that I can't use cellular data, though. I'm with T-Mobile for those that asked. Guess I'll be giving them a phone call

8. kepler20b macrumors 6502