got my apple store reservation for iphone4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by medicscott, Jun 17, 2010.

1. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

do i need to be there at 7am to get a phone....says they have some reserved for me...dont wanna miss it though.

ive never done a launching day thing...so do i need to be there so early?

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Yes. Reserved at this point basically means that you are wasting your printer ink since they are not really guaranteed!!

3. puregreddy macrumors newbie

Since it appears you are a Laker fan, I believe you get to show up anytime you want after the store opens......let them know you are a Laker fan, and they automatically send you to the front of the line....

:D:D:D:D

4. dkhenkin macrumors member

I called my local Apple store this morning asking about my reservation that I made through the Apple Store app. She told me that they would have enough for the reservations that day.

However, at this point I feel Apple employees probably know less about the whole thing than I do so I am going to be there by 6AM for the 7AM opening and hope to get a phone!

5. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

copy that...i did the same with the app reservation...but still wanna be there around 7am, since im selling my 3gs the nite before. ill be without my beloved iphone for 12 hours. what to do!!

and the email says its reserved till the end of the biz day, i dont trust that at all.

GO LAKERS!!

6. auero macrumors 65816

I stopped at my store today to find out what I have to do come launch day. I've been to ever launch (except last year, I ordered to my home).

I successfully placed an order for myself online but my mother mentioned to me after that she'd like one. I figured it would only make sense to go onto a family plan (new account). After a million attempts online, it just wasn't working and let me reserve ONE at the store. It said I had to come into the store to setup my family plan.

So I stopped by the store today and the gentleman told me that they have a lot of reserves and that the reserves are honored first. (I guess two lines?) I asked him if I'll be able to get two seeing as I'm trying to setup a family plan and he said if they have enough which didn't sound fair to me. If I'm standing in line waiting, I should be allowed to purchase TWO otherwise whats the point in starting a family plan with ONE phone? He just advised me to get there early and he wasn't able to verify if my reserve was placed (although I have proof). I guess we'll see?

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

12 Hours? How about 7 days? The best offer for my 3GS came from on online trade-in site and I had to mail it out last night. I bought a pre-pay phone and stuck my SIM card in it. I am hurting bad!

Oh well, at least I have my 3 day old MBP to play with! :)

I also have a pre-order. My in-mall Apple Store (Albany, NY) opens at 7AM. I will be there as soon as the Mall Cops allow it!

8. recruiter89 macrumors regular

recruiter89

does it really mean guranteed

I still am leery about that fine print at the bottom of the in-store reservation emails...has anyone had any experiences where in store reservations was sold to someone else? I would be interested to hear of any bad experience with in store reservations since I am still skeptical. I have my reservation but I am still scared they will give the phone away

9. raremage macrumors 6502a

I can't for the life of me figure out why people keep saying this sort of thing - what's the basis for such a statement?.

You have a reserved phone. They maintain a split inventory, some available for walk-ins, others for reservations. They will hold the reserved inventory for you, they always have in the past.

As negative a *****torm as they had over the poor reservation/presale process, what sort of negative PR would they eat if they then ignored the whole reservation process that everyone is already bitching about?

No need to go early. Yes there will be a line, but you don't need to be there at 7 AM.