Got my battery life back in Lion (I think)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ScottFitz, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Jury is still out, but I've been reading all about resetting the SMC controller. I tried, no bueno. Then I read on here someone at Apple had a guy reset his PRAM as well. So, I gave that a try and it seems to work. I'm at 95% after surfing this morning a bit and I've got 6:46 remaining. I'll keep checking it but this is pretty much double what was getting as of last night and back in line with my SL install. Also as a data point, I'm running the latest rev MBP15, 2 ghz i7 processor with screen brightness about 85% (3 "blocks" off from 100% full)

I'll keep checking today. Hope this works for some of you as well. We will see if it helps the many many beach balls I've had since the upgrade.:cool:

2. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

86% 5:18 hours left, heavy surfing, stock app running in the background, no beach balls yet this morning. Could this be the trick? Haha. hope so for this fan boy.

3. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Strange, I got my battery life back by resetting the SMC.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

Are there any issues with doing either of these resets at any time. Reading apple documents you get the impression these are last ditch moves, as they could worsen the situation.

5. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

It was pretty last ditch for me, my battery time was about half what it was in SL.:D I haven't seen any adverse effects, I have reset both PRAM and SMC at one time or another, the PRAM reset my screen brightness and volume, but nothing major.

6. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a