Got my Black 7 Plus!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jin512, Oct 22, 2016.

1. jin512 macrumors member

I was able to reserve an iPhone 7 Plus black 256 GB for pick-up around 2PM at my local Apple Store. I literally went to the bathroom and 5 minutes later, they were all gone. Kind of weird since the store that was closest to me was the only one that had it in stock. None of the stores in my state and bordering states had it. Crazy. Immediately cancelled my online order that was having an expected arrival date of Nov. 16-22.

God Bless. :):apple:

2. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Woohoo. Funny how these things work out.....but good. I can barely fill a full 64 gig phone and my iPad Pro still has 75 gig free. And once apron a time, 256 gigs was a huge storage option

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I have the 256GB also and have about 150GB left right now. It might be overkill but with 4K/live photos and adding more photos each week it will soon come down. Leaves room for when I want to add movies/tv series as well.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm running 32gb and have plenty of space left :D

Everyone uses their phones differently..

5. jin512 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I am located in Boston and like the flagship store was the only one that had this. I think there were at most 2 in stock. I watched it disappear like a few minutes after. And yeah guys, don't go by iStock, it hasn't been accurate for me. When it said there was one, there wasn't. I checked iStock right before I checked Apple, and iStock said no but Apple ended up having it. Get the Apple Store app and check that!

6. macgeek88 Suspended

Very nice... I preordered mine from my carrier (US Cellular) the night of the preorder and I got the phone at the beginning of the month.

I got the same config. Regular Black, Plus, and 256GB. 256 is probably overkill for me but I also was very unhappy with two iPhones prior with just 16GB so I went all in.

Congrats!

7. jin512 thread starter macrumors member

I hear you man same. Went all in. Sim Free is nice, has CDMA compatibility. I am a happy customer lol.

8. macTW macrumors 65816

Nobody here can read instructions I guess... iStock specifically says if it is listed as in stock but doesn't show up in store, it's iUP program reserved.

9. jin512 thread starter macrumors member

I knew that. Except when it was actually in stock, it didn't show up on iStock. I also checked the Apple iUp reservation page when it said it was in stock on iStock and not available on Apple, and it wasn't even available. Thus, I'm not really sure where iStock was pulling its data from. lol.

10. HEK Suspended

HEK

Ordered JB 256 7+ on morning of pre-order release. Ordered AT&T Next replacement from Apple. Got a November promise which changed to Nov 18 two weeks ago.

Checked istocknow this morning, Saturday 22 Oct about 7:30 AM and found one in stock at Apple Store an hour away. Placed a reservation on apple with that store for 1:00 PM pick-up.

Called store when it opened to confirm they physically had phone, which they confirmed. Cancelled September order to get back upgrade availability from AT&T. This showed able to upgrade within five minutes on AT&T site.

Drove to store, completed transaction with Next upgrade for one year, bought AppleCare+ and paid tax for phone. Walked out in 20 minutes.

Got home, activated JB 7 Plus using iCloud backup I saved from that morning. Kept phone on ice pack as it loaded backup, apps, pictures, mail, etc. Sending this from new phone.

First impression is everything is way faster than 6s Plus. Feels great, no issues, easy peasy. Only thing left to do is mail old phone to AT&T and get refund for second year of applecare+ on old phone.

So happy I didn't have to wait another four weeks!!!

Good luck to everyone.

11. RIPstevejobs macrumors regular

dude who cares.

12. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

An ice pack? Just wow.

13. HEK Suspended

HEK

Perhaps someone that may want to do the same thing and was worried about the process and how long it took to get re-authorized.

So if you don't care, why you read what I wrote?

If you don't care why you in this forum at all?

I certainly don't care if or when you get your phone.:p

14. blaine07 macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

This guy can't wait to upgrade to 7 plus from 6S+ for storage alone, aside arguably 7 plus is latest and greatest.

15. HEK Suspended

HEK

Yeah, it was getting real hot with all the processor, screen and charging at same time. If it's good for a Cray, why not an Apple. Keep processor cranking at full speed.

16. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 7 Plus 256gb Jet Black has about 145gb free storage left.

I am sure it will be enough storage until iPhone 8 releases next year.