iPad Got my brand new iPad Air, but...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by haruhiko, Nov 1, 2013.

1. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

In no way am I able to restore from iCloud. I tried to backup once more on my original iPad, but it is forecasting to finish in more than 2 hours despite the most recent backup is only on last night which should involve very few new data. When I decided to use the older backup, the iPad Air couldn't restore as well and reported a loss of connection to the server.

Darn I am trying the old school method: backing up to iTunes and restore from there. It's going use a lot of disk space on my 256GB SSD....

Cloud services are really unreliable. I think I won't pay for any extra iCloud storage from today.

2. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Doesn't sound like a cloud issue so much as an internet issue. The cloud can have problems but dont give up on it. Get a stable connection.

3. haruhiko thread starter macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Mine is a 1000Mbps connection and I'm just next to the router (2013 Time Capsule).:(

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

I suspect a lot of people are doing the same thing. Be patient.

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

this is why i don't rely on da cloud or SSD's

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

It clearly stated there was a connection issue. Im just saying be patient. Tech can fail from time to time. Its nothing that cant be fixed.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Was your old iPad on 7.0.3?

I had that problem when I got my replacement phone. The phone was still on iOS6 and my backup was from 7.

8. haruhiko thread starter macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Just checked, both iPads are on 7.03:(

----------

Yes. Apple's servers are extremely slow now. Even app icons in the App Store can't load quickly.

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Sounds like what others have said, a slow down from so many people using it right now.