Got my clear case (Pro Max) today!

Appleloves22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Is the case a hard case? Debating on getting it. Also, others who’ve had it before, does it yellow over time?

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Is the case a hard case? Debating on getting it. Also, others who’ve had it before, does it yellow over time?
If it’s the same material as the clear XR case, I’ve had mine around 9 months and no yellowing. Extremely hard to get the case off the phone though. I’ve attached a photo of the case against white paper to show the color after 9 months.

Attachments

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
Will Apple replace it if you crack the bottom of the case when trying to insert and remove the phone?
There were reports of it happening with the XR case and I believe they did replace them and it’s very hard to get off. I feel like I’ll crack my glass on my phone each time struggling to get it off. Highly suggest removing it over a soft surface.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
There were reports of it happening with the XR case and I believe they did replace them and it’s very hard to get off. I feel like I’ll crack my glass on my phone each time struggling to get it off. Highly suggest removing it over a soft surface.
I’d get it if Apple will replace the cracked case.

But I don’t wanna scratch my new iPhone :/

lykbutta

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
I just went to the Apple store site and ordered my clear case at 10am and picked it up at noon. I’m very impressed. Super clear. I asked the Apple store lady about the warranty. She said they haven’t (that she’s heard of) had any replacements of discoloration however a few have been replaced due to people cracking them while trying to pressure them off the phone. Apple is always great about standing by their products so I didn’t see the concern. I had already received the spigen ultra hybrid and the liquid crystal. The Apple one appears much clearer. It is sturdier than the ultra hybrid also. I’ll give updates throughout the months to let y’all know if it changes color. If so, I’ll just get a replacement ..not bad for the $35 I spent. If they don’t replace I can always order a spigen ultra hybrid for $12. The reason I got the Apple case is I use swipe up a ton and gestures and the Apple cases are open at the bottom. Feels much better.

Reactions: pshady and caligurl

danny842003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2017
Have this been out for previous phones? I had 3rd party clear cases previously and found they just collected dirt and looked gross.
how do these stand up?

titans1127

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
Apple didn't want to replace mine the last time I asked a month or two ago. I might try again before the year is up on it. Its not a bad case, just really hard to get off.

• Sad
Reactions: caligurl

timta

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
Got my clear totallee case yesterday and my iPhone 11 Pro in midnight green 10 minutes ago. I'm all set! :cool:

Molcroft

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2016
UK
Too slippery for me, and so annoying feeling the gap between the buttons and the case everytime I press any button. Will send my cases back and will go for the silicone case instead (tried both on 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max)