Got my eBay PowerBook mystery package!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by catzilla, Apr 11, 2015.

1. catzilla macrumors 6502

catzilla

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271829730426?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It is an A1138! Package includes 2 batteries (one 12 cycles), two chargers, Wireless Mighty Mouse, original AirPort Express and a sealed stereo connection kit and a bunch of disks I haven't checked yet.

The bad news: another sub par packaging job. Single wall box with everything thrown with packing peanuts. The back of the book is dented near the power jack and on the hinge. Is it really that difficult to package things?

2. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Glad that it did turn out to be an A1138!

I think you got that one for a steal, package damage not withstanding.

I've done a little bit of body work on AlBooks. It's actually not that hard to do, although it's difficult to leave no trace. Use scraps of cloth or leather to protect the area along with non-marring tools like wood and nylon or brass hammers.

3. ModernGPUG5 macrumors newbie

Lucky! That is one of the only PowerBooks with the I2 northbridge, supporting DDR2 and the 7448.

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Nice find.

I'm so tired of terrible packing jobs from eBay sellers. Literally I'm dissuaded from using eBay because of this very fact.