Got my first bill - Fan discount for data not on there

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by And5555, Aug 21, 2008.

1. And5555 macrumors member

I just got my new bill with the 3G and the data plan was not discounted. I called AT&T and spoke with a supervisor who said that fan discounts never apply to data plans. Is this accurate? I was told several times by At&t reps to the contrary before. Has anyone else had this problem?

(Sorry if this issue has been posted -if so, I couldn't find it)

2. And5555 thread starter macrumors member

nevermind, people. I called back and spoke with someone else. Apparently, the data plan discounts depend on your FAN. My FAN is the Air Force. They said that all government FANs were redone in June to reduce from 19% down to 15% and remove data plan discounts. I can't believe AT&T is lowering military benefits while Sea World is free to military- maybe they're pacifists.

3. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Maybe the military is spending less on phones?

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The rate is a deal between AT&T and the government. Don't be mad at AT&T, be mad at your government for negotiating a lower rate...

5. patd macrumors member

I also have a 15% discount,(Military) I was worried about losing it, I asked the AT&T rep. around three times if I would keep the discount and was assured that I would keep it, this is the first that I have heard that it does not apply to the data plan, My phone was back ordered so when I went to pick it up I asked AT&T rep that was doing my contract (Different one) if I would keep my discount and she said yes I would. There was nothing on the contract about it, so I asked her if she would write down that I have a 15% discount, So she wrote down on the contract that I have a 15% discount on my rate plan, not just my voice plan but the rate plan and initialed it , I kept my receipt with her name on it. My billing is up tomorrow so I will wait and see what happens.

6. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha And5555,

Does that free pass for Sea World also apply to retired military? I normally buy my tickets at MacDill AFB (I'm originally from Tampa), but have always had to pay for Sea World. I'm retired Navy (22 years).

HawaiiMacAddict