Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
So I usually prefer an android machine and an ios machine. For the past couple of years I've had an ipad air, ipad mini 2 and a htc one m7 and then an m8. I mainly used the ipad mini when I had the m7, but the m8 was big enough and powerful enough that I pretty much stopped using it (It's about to sold once my contact runs out in december).

I got a very good deal for a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.4 32gb earlier this year on cowboom.com for $260. It said it had scratches but came flawless. So now I switched to the iphone camp...

Well, it's more then that. I haven't had an iphone since the 4s. I had the 3g, 4, and 4s, but the galaxy s3, htc one m7 and m8 were really nice. But I have to admit the iphone 6s plus is a really good phone.

But yeah, one problem: Where's the multitasking? It's 1080p and has two gigs ram. Why does it have no multitasking? Will it be added later?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
So I usually prefer an android machine and an ios machine. For the past couple of years I've had an ipad air, ipad mini 2 and a htc one m7 and then an m8. I mainly used the ipad mini when I had the m7, but the m8 was big enough and powerful enough that I pretty much stopped using it (It's about to sold once my contact runs out in december).

I got a very good deal for a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.4 32gb earlier this year on cowboom.com for $260. It said it had scratches but came flawless. So now I switched to the iphone camp...

Well, it's more then that. I haven't had an iphone since the 4s. I had the 3g, 4, and 4s, but the galaxy s3, htc one m7 and m8 were really nice. But I have to admit the iphone 6s plus is a really good phone.

But yeah, one problem: Where's the multitasking? It's 1080p and has two gigs ram. Why does it have no multitasking? Will it be added later?
Maybe, we don't know.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010

It's obviously not a matter of capabilities. I'm pretty sure the thinking is that a 5.5" screen is just too small for useful multitasking.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
iPads aspect ratio is required for the way Apple utilizes split screen. I'm sure it's not impossible but I don't think Apple feels it will compliment the iPhone experience. I tend to agree with them on their decision.

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
Why do you need split screen on a 5.5" device? I always felt that feature was a gimmick when I had note 3.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Just jailbreak. Split screen multitasking works smoothly on the 6S plus and 6S.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Why do you need split screen on a 5.5" device? I always felt that feature was a gimmick when I had note 3.

Generally when I have my phone I am away from a computer, and I like to multitask. Multi tasking makes less sense on a tablet due to using them at home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.