Got my first iphone in ages... Where's split view?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zellio, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

So I usually prefer an android machine and an ios machine. For the past couple of years I've had an ipad air, ipad mini 2 and a htc one m7 and then an m8. I mainly used the ipad mini when I had the m7, but the m8 was big enough and powerful enough that I pretty much stopped using it (It's about to sold once my contact runs out in december).

I got a very good deal for a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.4 32gb earlier this year on cowboom.com for $260. It said it had scratches but came flawless. So now I switched to the iphone camp...

Well, it's more then that. I haven't had an iphone since the 4s. I had the 3g, 4, and 4s, but the galaxy s3, htc one m7 and m8 were really nice. But I have to admit the iphone 6s plus is a really good phone.

But yeah, one problem: Where's the multitasking? It's 1080p and has two gigs ram. Why does it have no multitasking? Will it be added later?

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Maybe, we don't know.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

It's obviously not a matter of capabilities. I'm pretty sure the thinking is that a 5.5" screen is just too small for useful multitasking.

4. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

iPad only for now. i can see it coming to the plus sized iPhone's eventually.

5. cynics macrumors G3

iPads aspect ratio is required for the way Apple utilizes split screen. I'm sure it's not impossible but I don't think Apple feels it will compliment the iPhone experience. I tend to agree with them on their decision.

6. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

Why do you need split screen on a 5.5" device? I always felt that feature was a gimmick when I had note 3.

7. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

I've used it on my Note 4. It depends on how you use your phone. I love it. Would love it on my 6s+.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Just jailbreak. Split screen multitasking works smoothly on the 6S plus and 6S.

9. Zellio thread starter macrumors 65816

Zellio

Generally when I have my phone I am away from a computer, and I like to multitask. Multi tasking makes less sense on a tablet due to using them at home.

10. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Apple needs to hold back something for the iPhone 7!!