Got my Hunter Gatherer Slider Incase today..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iJules, Jul 3, 2009.

1. iJules macrumors member

Well I bit and got an actual Incase Slider case. I thought the Hunter Gatherer edition was pretty cool lookin' so I bit. The pics I have are just of the case because I was snapping them with my iPhone, lol.. but it's nice. I may buy a piece of Shield for the back of the phone just to avoid having rub marks on the back when I take the bottom off to dock... but these cases definitely feel nice. Sturdy but not too bulky.

Way to go Incase...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

3. threezero macrumors 6502

i was searching for limited edition incase sliders. Other than this one i believe there is 3 more.

TBH the graphics doesn't wow me right away but kodos to incase for keeping it the same price.

Looking forward to see real life pictures.

Check out rebel scholar, they have incase knockoff with real designer designs with a crazy price of $100

4. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I second that

5. ericxd macrumors regular

i googled the case as well and this LE is the only one i actually hate...the wood effect is so fake...and the colour isnt appealing. My opinions though

6. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

uhmm

tha, tha, three times.....

Must be "the successful stim" photos. :rolleyes:

7. iJules thread starter macrumors member

Alright children. Seriously, admittedly I am newer to Twitter and didn't realize the photo hosting site didn't work for crap. Hopefully the pics show up this time.
    Anyways, give a girl a break. Most forums I've been on encourage sharing...opinions on the product, fine..and this post isn't directed at those folks sharing it at all... but just making fun of someone for a photo hosting problem? That's the FAIL.

I honestly know this case isn't for everyone, I welcome all comments on it. I know I was anxious to see a real life pic of it myself, so hopefully this'll help others. I know the case grew on me after browsing a few others, my first impression wasn't the greatest. Happy hunting!

8. cardboardcowboy macrumors newbie

Looks good. I find that to be one of the most appealing sliders I've seen so far along with the neon green one.

And don't listen to 'em Jules. Angry nerds on the internet will always just be angry nerds on the internet. From those of us that happen to fall on the happy or friendly side of the nerd spectrum, thanks for the pictures.

EDIT: Where did you order yours from, iJules?

9. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Looks like Fred Flintstone got an iPhone Yabadabadoo!

10. bcs732 macrumors member

iJules, were you able to buy a shield for the back? I don't think the back of the invisible shield or bodyguardz will fit the incase slider. The sides are pretty tight and the extra bulkiness of the shield will not make your iphone fit.

Just a question for those that have the incase slider. If i just cut out a screen and stick it at the back, will this fit. This is kinda like the back of the invisible shield less the sides.

11. iJules thread starter macrumors member

Invisible shield makes one, but I used some clear bra material (3M) that I had left over to do the trick just to cover the spots that were going to be touched by the rubber tracks so to speak... since I would only every need to slide off the bottom, it just takes being patient one time to get the top installed right.

12. iJules thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for a little kindness cowboy! :) It's all good, like I said, opinions don't bug me, just the childish garbage that I guess I should have grown to expect on a discussion forum.

In all honesty, the monochrome green and monochrome orange are my favs, but they are sold out...so this was number 3. Glad you like it.:apple: I enjoy the irony of this hi-tech gadget decked out 'woody' or fred flinstone style.

I ordered directly from www.goincase.com...directly. I couldn't find it on a resellers site.

13. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

uh huh

The humorless have taken over the website. That case seems well like bad wall paneling from a dead end bar in the sticks. The bamboo beet looks good.

But whatever.

14. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'm not a fan of the design, but I can see the appeal. I love my matte black slider. Lets hope you're lucky like me and you don't see any scratching.

15. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Even though it looks awesome the wear pattern because of the curve of the iPhone will ruin that design.

16. eron macrumors 6502