got my ihome alarm clock today WOO HOO (2G)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Aug 12, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I did it. I finally got my iHome alarm clock in the mail today and i am PSYCHED!!! I am a ROCK when i sleep and the iphone alarm just does NOT wake me up anymore since i've gotten sick.. but i STILL need to wake up and get to work.. This is the perfect solution.

THIS IS THE ONE I GOT

and i got a GOOD deal. it came within 6 days of ordering and paying and it is practically new. I wouldnt say entirely new because there is SOME evidence of use on it - but they didnt sell it as new, so its all good.

Cant wait to use it as an alarm clock.. but i plugged in the phone, gets power to the phone just fine, plays music just fine..

the ONLY thing that pops up is a warning that there will be interference unless put on airplane mode. I clicked NO to the airplane mode and it wasnt that bad. I can just turn off the pull email and it will be no issue (i dont get calls late at night)

No issues with the voltage or amperage for the 2G phone, so no worries with frying it!

Just know NOT to use this with the 3G - different amperage.

2. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, i woke up to my favorite song this morning and i actually WOKE UP!! it was GREAT.. A+ deal in my eyes.. totally suggested for anyone with a 2G iphone. It sucessfully charged my phone over night, and as long as i make sure the phone sleeps in ipod mode, it works great.. but dont worry! If you forget, you wont oversleep, because it will just use the regular alarm to wake you up.

3. macdot macrumors 6502

I like my iHome, but this isn't even a new model (or an iPhone specific model).

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

ok.. soo.. i was just saying that it is a GOOD deal.. And even though its NOT iphone specific, it works GREAT with the iphone