iPad Got my iPad Air 2...with dead pixel

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bandoleiro, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Bandoleiro macrumors newbie

3 dead pixel on my new iPad. Dark black in the center, no way to ignore. Don't rember, when seeing dead or stuck pixel on a brand new device.
    So, my iPad 3rd Gen. still works, no dead pixel or somerhing else. Could be a little bit faster, sure. Air 2 will be returned...next stop, Microsoft Surface.

2. harrypham macrumors member

Exchange/return/re-purchase are the best solution for you.

3. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Take it back. Replacement guaranteed.

4. Bandoleiro thread starter macrumors newbie

Bought it online, and not from Apple itself.
    No, really. I'm so disappointed. The screen on this iPad 3rd Gen. is perfect, pure white. I don't expect a quailty, that bad. :(

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Getting dead pixels happen. Just get it exchanged.

I had one on mine and a speck of dust and returned it the same day.

6. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Brand new. Should still be under warranty from Apple. Take it back and get it replaced.

7. harrypham macrumors member

Where did you get it from, bestbuy ?

8. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

OP is from Germany. Do they even have the ability to order from Best Buy?

I'm a little confused: OP says there are 3 dead pixels and says he's going to buy the Surface? Then why did you post?

Our advice is to exchange it. I realize you bought it online, yet you claim you can't return/exchange it? Either way, Apple will cover the replacement under their warranty.

9. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

All gadgets that use lcd can get dead pixels. Even the Microsoft surface! oled screens can get them too, it's just ones of those unlucky things.

10. harrypham macrumors member

I didn't notice his location is Germany. It is my mistake because I thought this forum is mainly occupied by people from the U.S.

I think the best place from which we should get iPad is apple.com or apple stores because we can easily exchange or return without getting any troubles. Even authorized resellers such as bestbuy are not as good as apple itself. For example, Bestbuy tracks return and exchange based IDs.

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah Best Buy tracks all right. One of the reasons why I don't like shopping for expensive items there.

12. harrypham macrumors member

On the other hand, Best Buy doesn not ever track how many items you bought from it. Therefore, it makes you look like a kind of customer who usually "borrow" their items for 14 days without paying anything. It sounds stupid:confused:

13. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I missed the press release that said the MS Surface is guaranteed to have zero dead pixels. Of course, in the event your Surface did have a dead pixel, you could just take it to the MS Genius Bar for an exchange. Oh wait...

14. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

Hate to sound morbid, but any chance we could see a picture of these dead pixels?

15. Closingracer macrumors 68030

Mines perfect ...just get it exchanged

16. Vodka macrumors regular

17. JoshS macrumors member

So 3 dead pixels makes you want to get a Surface??? That makes as much sense as finding 3 bad paint spots on your brand new house and saying you're moving to a new city because of it.

I get that your bummed that you got a lemon. Just call apple support and they'll exchange it for you by mail under warranty if you have no other options.