iPad mini Got my iPad mini today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by srkmish, May 19, 2013.

1. srkmish macrumors regular

srkmish

I purchased the iPad mini 16 gb wifi version today and like it so far. Resolution is a bit low, however not as horrible as some here make it out to be. Browsing is a pleasure. Currently downloading carmageddon game. All in all, satisfied till now. Will keep this thread updated.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think depending on what you plan to use it for will dictate your level of contentment with the Mini.

Love mine and others have, for some the resolution is a show stopper but I'm happy with mine.

3. srkmish thread starter macrumors regular

srkmish

Played subway surfers and carmageddon. Gaming is a real joy as the tablet is so light. I'm lovin it more than my psp 3004 as of now cuz of bigger screen size and lower weight. However, I don't think playing FIFA will be pleasurable due to lack of dedicated buttons. Movie watching also is very good. Able to play 720p files using imediA.

Does anyone know of any player which plays 1080p videos? Also does the 16gb wifi version has Bluetooth support for 3rd party speakers?

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

5. srkmish thread starter macrumors regular

srkmish

My experience is just getting more and more Wow. There is virtually no lag while switching between apps while in my android phone there would be a interval of 2-3 secs while resuming a heavy app. Also while playin subway surfers touch register dint even miss once while in my phone 1 in every 50 swipes would be a miss. iOS is seeming so seamless and smooth. I'm loving it.

6. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

Same here, purchased a black 16GB mini yesterday to go with my ip5 and loving every minute I spend with it.
    Currently playing baldurs gate and still a great game.

7. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

That's the same reason I ditched android for iOS. I had a nexus 7 and Samsung galaxy tab 7 but the SW is just not working out for me. I also used Microsoft for ages as I have no choice but as soon as our company migrated to apple I hurriedly jumped ship and have been a happy camper.

8. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

9. OldLadywithiPod macrumors member

OldLadywithiPod

Glad to hear you like it! I think I'm going to buy one this week.

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Are you sure you really like it very much? Wait and see in 6 months…. :apple:

11. azure247 macrumors 6502

let's see how u like it with iOS 7 :x its running old technology!!

12. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

As long as it's IOS 7,8, or 9, I will be ok with it.

13. Ann P macrumors 68020

Always gotta be at least one debbie-downer in every thread, lol.

14. tazz3 macrumors regular

the mini is a great buy, but for my self its just to small. i have big hands
    and it small and feels to light. anyways congrats to the mini owners

15. DrNoellyG macrumors member

I'm seriously considering the mini, basically to try it out before the new iPads are announced and if I'm happy with it then stick with that form factor, assuming it will be updated along with the bigger iPad, no reason to think otherwise.

16. buysp macrumors 6502

debbie-downer LOL!

17. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Im 6"1 200 pound and still find Ipad 2 quite troublesome to hold for long time. One hand is a pain, two hands is okay. Just can't imagine anyone with big hands and find it not too heavy.

thinking about swapping my Iphone 4 for a mini soon.

18. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Glad to hear you pulled the trigger on an iPad Mini! I'm sure you'll love it.

19. srkmish thread starter macrumors regular

srkmish

are you suggesting mini 2 will be released which will make 1 obsolete. I'll buy the 2 and give 1 to my sister

----------

one thing.I have noticed is 8 in is the perfect size. I have used 10 in galaxy tab and.gaming is not at all enjoyable. but in mini your visual scope covers the screen size totally and immerses u totally. uptil now I was playin carmageddon on my 3.5 in phone and.missin out on the whole experience. Hell its even better than.gnote 2 for gaming even tho gnote2 is noticeably sharper

20. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

it is an endless wait and see game. if you wait you might not be able to get one as you will keep on waiting to get the newest model. my advise is to just enjoy it. if it comes then that's the price we have to pay as technology changes so fast. just like iphone's - they change every year.

21. StoneJack macrumors 6502a

StoneJack

I bought the mini because unlike my ipad 3 (now wife's), mini is smooth with games, especially FIFA 2013. Retina used to get hot when playing.

22. MandyAW92 macrumors member

The iPad Mini is a quality devices, glad you are happy with it :)

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How you doin'?

I'm kidding! :D But I agree, every so often the iPad feels a little heavy. It doesn't bother me much until I drop the damn thing on my face while holding it above my head in bed. :( I like the form factor of the mini myself. I wouldn't mind owning one.

24. srkmish thread starter macrumors regular

srkmish

Another great thing about mini is .. the sound quality is phenomenal. Im just using 320 kbps mp3s with imedia software without any equalizer and even then it sounds as good or even better than my rockboxed sansa clip plus. This benefit is carried over to movies where i was watching Dark Knight rises today and the distortion free great audio quality added to the enjoyment of the movie.

Idle battery drainage is also very low (4% in 12 hours) and battery backup has been good to me. I suspect it will improve over time as suggested by many.

All in all, this is a fantastic device and i am glad i shelled out the extra bucks for this over Nexus 7. Having used my friend's Nexus 7 for a short while, i can definitely say that this is a better device when it comes to user experience, audio quality and gaming/browsing( due to bigger screen).

Thumbs up for apple and ipad mini

25. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

It's a show stopper for me, going backwards in resolution quality won't cut it. Waiting on next gen.