Got my iPad2 last week... You need...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by doc294, Apr 21, 2011.

1. doc294 macrumors newbie

Make sure you ask them to go back and check. The online inventories for best buy were right, but the people I kept talking told me there wasn't any. So, I was buying a new GPS anyway so I asked if they would just humor me and check and I told them that there should be a white 32 gig wifi only. He came back with it in his hands and he said he was shocked that I knew that especially since he thought there were none in back.

Make sure they just humor you and go back and check. I have a friend that had the same thing happen in another city close to mine...Best Buy.

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Just got back from my failed attempt at my local Target. :( I wished I knew about this before I went out. Oh well, I'll gonna make another trip out & rush to my local BestBuy to try my luck right now! :eek: Hopefully my local BestBuy will have at least one iPad 2 for sale. If my local BestBuy do not have any iPad 2, hope that at least they'll have the new RIM PlayBook available so that I can purchase one instead & not have to return home empty-handed again. :( Wish me luck. :)

By the way, thanks for the info. Appreciate it. :)

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

Best buy is usually right although some of the in stock ones are reserved orders that came in.

4. tcador macrumors regular

I was able to pick up the same white 32gb wifi only in Best Buy on Monday evening. Last one though...

5. Qoo macrumors 6502

just picked up a Ipad 2 32GB WiFi Version at my local Best Buy, they just lock them in the cabinet and i saw at least 6-8 on each models.

I called them in the afternoon to make sure they have the one that i like in stock and they said YES, i ask again for qantities and they told me not allow to release the numbers..

Anyway i am happy that i can pick one up without any hassle :D

6. SPEEDwithJJ, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Despite making another trip hoping to find one iPad (any config) at my local BestBuy store, I returned home empty-handed yet again. :( Sadly, I guess my search for an iPad 2 continues... :D :D :D

Sorry about the Big Grin smilies, I can only LOL at my failure in snagging an iPad 2 since I began my search for one 2-3 days after they were released for sale.
    :eek: :(

7. tcador macrumors regular

Come on, that's the best part!

8. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I definitely wish that was the best part. :D However, I've been running around for about 5 & 1/2 weeks without success. :( To be honest, I've lost some of the initial excitement on grabbing an iPad 2 since starting this crazy "running around". :( I guess I'll just give it my best attempts at securing one for the next few days & if I still don't manage to find one, I'll give RIM a chance & try out their PlayBook. :eek: Or better yet, I'll just s**k it up & pay a local scalper what he/she wants as advertised on Craigslist. :D

9. houdinize macrumors regular

10. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Am I the only one who got theirs from Toys-R-Us? There was no line or anything. Went in, asked for the 32gb Wifi and got it no problem.