Got my iphone 4, but no service yet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j5uh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. j5uh macrumors member

Still waiting for activation. I'm in Houston, tx.:confused:

2. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

hmm hopefully i dont run into this problem, i live in katy, tx and so does my friend that got one. but his is working fine.

3. EdLee macrumors member

I had this problem last night. I finally turned off my old phone completely and restarted the new phone. Activated almost immediately.

4. reason2008 macrumors newbie

Did you visit the AT&T activation web page and go through the process there, prior to plugging the phone into iTunes. My girlfriend plugged hers in first, and then when to the site. It took forever to activate hers. I went to the site first, activated the number with the new SIM and then plugged the phone in. It took seconds to activate.

5. j5uh thread starter macrumors member

Where do you do this?
    the ATT guy just told me to take it home, plug it into itunes and follow the directions on itunes.

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Same here. I activated mine online and then plugged into iTunes and it activated as soon as I plugged it in.

https://www.wireless.att.com/activations/

7. rtabdo macrumors 6502

Depending on where you ordered it. If you ordered it from Apple then yes you plug it in. If you ordered it from AT&T, there are some different steps. In fact, yesterday I had to call them in order to get it activated because their online thing was taking forever. That's my advice to you. Call them and you're phone will be up and running in minutes.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Are you sure you're not touching the bottom left antenna?:cool:

9. reason2008 macrumors newbie

Ahh.. didn't realize it was different when your ordered direct from Apple.

10. tommyGB macrumors member

tommyGB

O2

I plugged my iphone into itunes and it is still saying waiting for activation. I used to microsim that O2 sent me. I have now applied for the sims to be swapped via their website.

Am i going to have to wait for the sims to swap before its activated? I have left it on wifi so hopefully it will activate over that?

Any help appreciated. :)

11. j5uh thread starter macrumors member

Yea, i just ended up calling att and activating over the phone. Was instant!