Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rzc16512

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
This past weekend I had my iPhone 6 screen replaced at the Apple Store. When I went in the guy said my phone appeared to be bent and there was a good chance that the display calibration would fail and I would be forced to pay the OOW cost of $300. However, when I came back I had lucked out and the screen replacement worked. In my happiness over the screen working I guess I did not inspect my device as carefully as I should have. To be honesty the device had already had some scuffs from using some sort of cheap case that left scuffs all over the back of the device (and a few small ones on the back). Today I begun to have issues connecting to the AT&T network so figured "Hey! I'll remove the SIM!" I went to remove the sim and where my device once had a small scuff the device now has scuffs all on the side. I then looked at the other side and the metal right below the volume down button has warped and is underneath the display. This is unacceptable! I don't know what would be the best option in this case as I believe the screen replacement has caused my phone to keep constantly loosing signal and I've tried a new SIM and factory reset. I am not going to pay $300 for an OOW replacement for something an Apple Store employee did.

rzc16512

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
It is always a good idea to image your phone before turning it in. At least look carefully at it while still at the store. It will be your word against theirs.
Sadly that's what I am afraid of. This was going to be the first iPhone I wasn't going to have an issue with (that wasn't caused by accidental damage) :(. If they won't fix it I guess I will either upgrade to the 6S (as I need more storage anyways) or get the Nexus 6

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Sadly that's what I am afraid of. This was going to be the first iPhone I wasn't going to have an issue with (that wasn't caused by accidental damage) :(. If they won't fix it I guess I will either upgrade to the 6S (as I need more storage anyways) or get the Nexus 6

Take it in a see what happens. Can not hurt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.