Got my Iphone Stolen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjsharks38, Sep 13, 2010.

1. sjsharks38 macrumors newbie

I got my iphone 3GS stolen which i only had for 6 months and I already called and canceled it. I realize I probably won't get it back, but is there anyway I can get a discount on the iphone 4?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

If there were, lot's of previous generation iPhones would come up stolen.

3. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Check att.com, you wouldn't get the full discount, maybe a partial discount.
    I am 2 months into my iPhone4 contract and I can buy it again now for $499 and start a new 2 year contract, that is a $200 discount.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Same exact thing here. $499 for a 32GB is allot cheaper than paying full price.

5. sjsharks38 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright thanks, i think i will get the iphone 4 if i get that partial discount

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Not a bad deal at all, considering what the full retail price of it is.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You got your phone stolen? Why would you do that? :confused:

As other have said, you may be able to get a new one for a small discount, but you likely won't get a new one at the fully subsidized price.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you go to a corporate AT&T store and plead your case, there might be a sympathetic manager who will hear your case and might be able to get you an early upgrade price.

I feel your pain. My 3GS was stolen a day before pre-orders began on the iPhone 4. I lucked out in being able to get it at the upgrade price, but I was still without a phone for a week, and it would've been nice to unlock and sell that 3GS and recoup the upgrade costs entirely, like I wanted to.

The other thing I learned: police are totally useless in cases like this. It's not even worth the bother to get them involved, sadly.

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Someone stole the phone, not like it was planed. [​IMG]

10. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I know some credit cards have theft insurance, where if you buy an item and it gets stolen, you can place a claim.

BUT you likely need a police report. This is how it works in the US, not sure how it is in your neck of the woods.

11. sjsharks38 thread starter macrumors newbie

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

What do you expect them to do? It is a phone. I'm sorry it got stolen, but unless it was taken at gunpoint the police have much more important things to do than search for your iPhone.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, it wont matter to AT&T or Apple if you lost it or it got stolen.
    If you signed a new contract 6 months ago you probably wont be eligable for another upgrade for a while. But give AT&T a call and find out if you can get the early upgrade price for $399.

I know, they didnt activate their swat team kicking in doors and searching for your cellphone.
    What a bunch of lazies:D