Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
iWoz book today. I'm an engineering student and somebody recommended the book to me so I purchased it.

That's it. Have you read it? What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

eric/

Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
I laughed, I cried, I...

You want a review AFTER you bought it and BEFORE you've read it. Read it. Come back, and we can compare notes.

No no, I was just wanting to get some input form people who have read it, while I read it. I'll have the book finished in a day or two, which is well within the lifespan of a thread.

TheGenerous

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2010
I'm an Austronaut
Every single page --no joke-- he reminds us that he was better than other kids and that possibly even now people won't understand him.

He repeats himself when he is talking about the tic-tac-toe project in the same page, with the same grammar sentence but in different paragraph. Seriously, he didn't hired an editor and the ghostwriter didn't see that one.

Oh, and in every chapter he brags about some science fair achievement -- half the book is about that -- tells you "...and that's probably why I got interested in inventing the personal computer." Endless mentions to his dad and why he decided to become an engineer. It's actually funny to read the book because of the constant repetition and poor edition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.