got my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sal, Oct 13, 2007.

1. sal macrumors 6502

I got my macbook pro last week. I love it. I've only encountered one issue that I posted on another thread(related to wireless). Other than that minor problem(that seems to be solved), I love this machine. I don't know why I waited so long to get it.

I know there is a possibility of apple releasing a new macbook pro in january but frankly I don't care. I have mine now and that is all that matters :)

2. Quiara macrumors regular

Quiara

That's exactly how I feel. This is my umpteenth Mac and I know there's always a possibility that Apple is just about to release the newest, next big thing, but I have mine now and that's all I care about. ^_^ I love my MacBook; she's perfect for what I do. ^_^

3. sal thread starter macrumors 6502

5 weeks later all is well. Updated to leopard without a problem. Everything is working great so far. The issue with my wireless connection has been resolved and it's working flawlessly.

No complaints here. :)

4. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

Congrats. Glad to hear it. Which model did you choose? What exactly was the problem with the wireless?

5. sal thread starter macrumors 6502

I got the 15" 2.2ghz model.

the problem I was experiencing with the wireless is that my connection kept dropping out while surfing the web. Very annoying. My router ended up being the culprit. MBP had problems with the 2wire router/modem AT&T gave me.

I hooked up my old linksys, bridged it with the 2wire router/modem(turned off wireless) and connected my MBP with the linksys for wireless use.

It's been performing flawlessly ever since.