Got my MBP 2.6/2GB/250 today.. love it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pamon, Jan 8, 2008.

1. pamon macrumors 6502

Got my new macbook pro today, replacing macbook 2.16/2/160, arrived today and fixing it up. Way faster, brighter screen, and a beast. It's a sweet machine and glad I got it. Have my 2GB ram upgrade via crucial arriving on thursday to bump it to 4GB. Glad I got it, and not wasting 1 second thinking about a possible penryn upgrade.

Kudos to apple...

2. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

yeah, after having to send my first one back because of a screen defect (not the yellowing issue) my new 2.6 is a bad mo fo:cool:

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

It is ok, I will be getting mine with Penryn in a week's time :)

4. Architect4122 macrumors regular

Awesome!

You needed it, you got it.

I DID wait the first time b/c I did have time. But once I needed it, luckily they had just updated to 2.4, and I snagged one. Sweet machine, but more importantly, GET IT IF/WHEN YOU NEED IT. Waiting wears on you. Not to mention, once you start playing with your new toy, you totally forget about what the future may hold! :cool: :apple:

5. je1ani macrumors 6502

yes but 6 days? jesus :rolleyes:

6. pamon thread starter macrumors 6502

i reviewed the penryn details and a 20% increase on top of a 2.6 processor is quick enough on my end. w/ 4GB of ram it'll scream. And I'm not 100% positive that the 2.8 will hit the MBP line, feeling it'll be given to the portable instead. I'm cool w/ it.

7. je1ani macrumors 6502

Factor in your 2.6 was a BTO and if these new ones are scheduled chances are they'd be in stock. :p You never know :rolleyes:

8. Smurfed macrumors regular

9. Bigewilson macrumors newbie

going to Europe

I am off to Europe with my same spec MBP. I couldn't wait because of potential back order and wanting the software preinstall hookup. Mine originally had a hard time figuring out the correct time, getting online, not crashing without music in Itunes, and yes sadly talking to my 410 firewire so I could record the piano. All of this kind of crap for my top dollar had me calling the local stores in search of a return. Well, may I say it's recovered like a cat with no lives spent. I hope for as many years of pleasure with my new baby as most parents expect of there macs...6+.

"Born, raised, and vigorously defending the Mac side of the force."

P.S. We lost Mike Hughes to Microsatan, may he infiltrate the evil deathstar and destroy them all.

10. surripere macrumors member

Man, chidz, you have excellent taste. We have the same comp and the Apogee Duet.

Nice kit, eh?

(I just need to upgrade Express to Pro now)

11. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Yeah I love it and I really hardly use logic pro, Ive found garageband to work fine. easy and intuitive and I dont do much with loops anyway...

12. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I'm not sure I get this part. Granted the 2.8 may go into the 17" with the 15" being BTO but since these things are 45nm chips I'd think the 2.6 goes into the entry levels (end up paying less than bto 2.6 and the 2.8 procs go into mid to high-end models

Not that any of that matters since they're all gonna still be choked by a 800Mhz fsb and 667Mhz Rambus. Montevina would be a better candidate for penryn IMHO. With its 1066Mhz Fsb and true 800Mhz DDR3 support

13. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Congrats! :) I envy your specs :p

Do you have to be such a biatch?

14. husJAF macrumors newbie

I was told at one of the Apple stores that if a new product is released upto 2 weeks after your purchase then you can get it replaced...

15. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

that excludes BTO items

16. bov macrumors 6502

whats BTO stand for? couldnt find it on urbandictionary :p

17. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I think it is normal for iW00t, to be like this, look at most of his posts.

18. shoppy macrumors 6502a

BTO means bull to order i.e a customised machine.

19. iMan G5 macrumors member

Theres CTO too :p
    2. cto
    3 up, 2 down

Configure-to-order. When you specify that you want a non-standard configuration for the item you're ordering online, e.g. a computer. The company then builds the item to the requested configuration.

I am ordering a CTO 17" Macbook Pro for my friend later today, with the HD glossy screen, and 7200RPM 160gb drive. Will it arrive before September, do you think? Because he flies out to Italy then...
    tags configure order apple macbook dell
    by Meconium Australia Aug 3, 2007 email it