got my MBP back from repairs...now KB doesnt light up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by otispunkmeyer, Dec 13, 2008.

1. otispunkmeyer macrumors 6502

got my mac fixed a while back after the screen futzed up and the KB backlighting went a bit wierd

after 3 months and numerous trips they managed to fix the screen but not the KB backlight. what theyd done is replace the KB, but i dont think the KB assembly comes with the back light bit. not sure tho.

anyway i asked them to take another look and when i got it back it still wasnt fixed and they'd managed to scratch my MBP lid and get biro all over it. so again they had a look, this time no scratches, new KB but the backlighting doesnt work at all now. now as it'd be 3 months, i just kept my mouth shut coz a) theyd had it three months already and b) i needed to go back to uni in 4 days.

(seems my machine has had 2 chassis changes...1st to replace the one they obviously damaged when fixing the screen and the 2nd to make up for the scratches)

now, i have had a look inside my machine, using the ifixit guides..... it seems my back light is there and is connected. its just not working. any ideas why this might be?

2. Roadking macrumors 6502

now this may seem like a stupid question but did you try increasing the level of the kb backlight? Press the f6 key and test in a dark area?

3. metroid87706 macrumors regular

metroid87706

Is this enabled?

Attached Files:

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Call Customer Relations and you'll most likely end up getting a new one.

5. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I have learnt that though apple trys their best to deal with problems and do it real well, sometimes one problem means that their are others.

Be politely and hint at a new computer to reduce repair cost and troubles! :)