Got my MBP shipping time bumped up!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maccanuck2006, Jun 26, 2007.

1. maccanuck2006 macrumors member

I custom ordered a SR 15" MBP with a 160gb 7200RPM drive on the first day it was released (june 5) on the Canadian Apple Store for Education. I was given a ship date of July 18 (!) and a delivery date of July 25 (!). I knew that the 7200RPM drive was the holdup, but I was willing to gut it out since I wanted the faster drive.
    Anyways, by chance I clicked onto the online store 2 days ago and noticed that the ship times for the MBPs had changed to 5-7 days (from 3-5 days when I bought). For the hell of it, I custom configured my same MBP and the ship time stayed at 5-7 days with a delivery time of July 12!
    However, my order still was listed with a delivery time of of July 25th

I immediately called Apple and was able to get my ship time moved up to reflect the newer shipping time by cancelling my previous order and then immediately re-ordering the same computer. Convuluted I know, but the best thing was that I didn't have to do it; the Apple employee put me on hold and replicated my order for me (with the same order #). Kudos to Apple for some great customer service.

BTW: I asked why they didn't automatically shorten the ship time for everyone who had long ship times and was told that it would have been too difficult logistically but they would be happy to do it for anyone who called them.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Not exactly...the page doesn't seem to update, but that doesn't mean it will really ship then. Some people with the 7200prm drive started shipping yesterday, mine went into already prepared for shipment status (Even though has july 27 delivery date). You may end up getting your computer later now. If you hadn't canceled, it maybe would be shipping now. Guess we'll never know.